Security Installer Community

Home System

Mattyg2004

Dvrs usually have another port for phone substream, I.e. Alien uses port 8000 and has an app uses same port. I've got into a pana dvr no problem.

Arfur

can you help me out on this?

i can get onto the log on screen, via my phone, now on my pc the panny downlaods some software (one time only untill i delete downloaded prog files)

on my phone i can only get to the log in screen, it then hangs because the dvr tries to downlad software which i thought was only runable on a windows system.

I don't say all pana I've hot into one, but I don't use it normally. Look at the network screen, see if it lists a substream port, then try via wifi with 192.168.0.200:8000 as example, i.e.device ip followed by the :port.

If you just type the ip, then the default http port 80 is used for access (assuming it is on default I'n the network screen), that access rout the dvr will try to send a activex file.

Others who know your kit will be better aced to advise.

Some kit will submit other kit won't :)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I can access my panasonic hd500 via its built in webserver via dyndns. it was actually pretty simple if thats what you mean.

For setting up I have been using my laptop browser not a direct feed. Which may explain some of it.

hi mat,

sorry for delay posting back, i don't seem to get new answer notifications on all my posts.

you should be able to also use WiFi locally, dyndns access will make no difference as long as the server is up to date with your current ip, best way is to run the free update prog of a pc to be sure.

sometimes better to us IP, while other times better to use the host domain name, trial and error - as never seems constant.

if your DVR s using http port 80. then all you need type is 196.168.0.200 or whatever the local DVR LAN ip is. if your using a different port a/d :550 as example, that should give you a web server screen at least, even if you can get no further, same go's for local phone access over internet or remoting over WiFi,

i don't expect your pana to have been aware of modern phone access, those that are usually it is done via another port, so ip a/d:NNNN what ever ('NNNN' being that port number).

Sustem Qs alien has an app for iphones, others use a command format so you can see it might be worth contacting Panasonic for more detail about if and how on your model and firmware rev..

Arfur

:bruce_h4h:

arf, have you checked your notification settings, you have to subscribe to a thread etc. If some are getting through i cant see its a mail server issue.

do seem to miss a lot, think i'm set for 'auto subscribe as i get notifications if i've only viewed, might be they happen while i'm logged in, i don't seem to see them, i guess then they don't show as new posts 'since last log in'. did no get a notification of this one either :{

i do log in via moby and pc, not sure how the board sw keeps track, would really like the edit time extended, as by the time i've done half the corrections in the iphone - it rufddy times out :whistle: .

on another board (not security), you get a list of recent posts at the footer by time date order, don't matter which section either, so you can always see new posts quickly, even if no notification of reply

Arfur

• 3 weeks later...

You can on this one too, but its at the top called 'new content'

Sorry James,

Missed this one :)

I know the icon in iPhone app, and new posts on PC, on other boards the intro and section is at the footer of the home page, so you don't rely on the recent post being auto 'vetted' by say date, or new posts happen when your in another thread, and the filter counts them as 'old' and so don't display then.

I do like that idea tbh (just my opinion though ;) ).

Arfur

Archived