Security Installer Community

Home System

Mattyg2004

i've been down this route,

i've built many many pc's, but building a pc to use as a novice for CCTv cards imo is just asking for way to many issues to resolve.

mght seem attractive, you have to remember the cards and drivers are made with designs from yonks ago, while motherboards move on at very fast rate and become obsolete very quickly from date of release, video crds don't..

this can give you the bigger problems, current boards that are truly compatible become difficult to source early on, this is not always so obvious in on the new 'flavour' chosen, perhaps it's architecture will not like those latency video card drivers, so give poor frame rates as a result, ends up being a total pia and then might start crashing with 'no reason'.

best advice is to buy good ready made kit from a reputable supplier, forget the 'bargains' on fleabay you have already had your fingers burnt by being dazzled by specifications,

be better of with a long warranty, to put it simply why re-invent the wheel and have all the design headache's, when if you have a problem all you need to do is send it back for them to sort it?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i've been down this route,

i've built many many pc's, but building a pc to use as a novice for CCTv cards imo is just asking for way to many issues to resolve.

mght seem attractive, you have to remember the cards and drivers are made with designs from yonks ago, while motherboards move on at very fast rate and become obsolete very quickly from date of release, video crds don't..

this can give you the bigger problems, current boards that are truly compatible become difficult to source early on, this is not always so obvious in on the new 'flavour' chosen, perhaps it's architecture will not like those latency video card drivers, so give poor frame rates as a result, ends up being a total pia and then might start crashing with 'no reason'.

best advice is to buy good ready made kit from a reputable supplier, forget the 'bargains' on fleabay you have already had your fingers burnt by being dazzled by specifications,

be better of with a long warranty, to put it simply why re-invent the wheel and have all the design headache's, when if you have a problem all you need to do is send it back for them to sort it?

Arfur

I've built many Pc's before but normally with latest tech so your point about the old and new has not been a problem but I can see that it would be by going down that route.

Ok so standalone it is. The problem I have is the Pro kit by panasonic has been a dissapointment. Well the 316 has. My older 500 is still loads better but has limited storage and is a bitch to back archive.

So is the general consensus something along the lines of Avermedia box. dvr/nvr/hybrid.

Any suggestions

Again thanks for all your help so far guys.

On a plus point the vandal has been arrested this morning. Whether he admits to it and is charged is anyones guess.

I've built many Pc's before but normally with latest tech so your point about the old and new has not been a problem but I can see that it would be by going down that route.

Ok so standalone it is. The problem I have is the Pro kit by panasonic has been a dissapointment. Well the 316 has. My older 500 is still loads better but has limited storage and is a bitch to back archive.

So is the general consensus something along the lines of Avermedia box. dvr/nvr/hybrid.

Any suggestions

Again thanks for all your help so far guys.

On a plus point the vandal has been arrested this morning. Whether he admits to it and is charged is anyones guess.

Hi matty. building your own used to be a good business option regarding costs. but then you would be selling a system with not much warranty (only parts installed) and now with standalone and pc based off the shelf most are giving two years warranty it saves that headache.

i used to use LJD or geo and allian pro. but none can touch the avermedia. auto PTZ tracking free / face find free / till pos free / ip cameras (all) free / ddns free / update software free. iphone/ ipad / smartphone/ bb / pda cms all free.

When i think back to the prices paid in the £thousands for multiplexers and more for the time decent lapse vcr's :),

Now look at what we expect as a minimm even ftom low low cost/spec budget kit which can record months not just 160 hours onto an E180 and at far superior quality.

Avermedia is really awsome good kit, i don't know if it would be over egging the cake on a small home system, depends on budget of matt.

Arfur

When i think back to the prices paid in the £thousands for multiplexers and more for the time decent lapse vcr's :),

awe **** he's going back to posting when I where T'lad.....1 2 3 (click) your back in the room

avermedia are we talking dear or chincky cards if fleabay ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

awe **** he's going back to posting when I where T'lad.....1 2 3 (click) your back in the room

avermedia are we talking dear or chincky cards if fleabay ?

Lol! And box browny flash 2's

(box camera oc the day ;) )

Dont Avia do a stand alone? Sure i've seen one somewhere

Arfur

Archived