Security Installer Community

One Panel To Rule Them All

r24977

the texe are meant to be doing ARM

they are ment to be doing alot of things...............................................but with all that time and money wasted on the wireless sh1te i won't be holding my breath

speaking as a 'one man band', i do stick to one core make, it makes stock easier and cheaper to handle, also the call in the early hours can often be sorted with information, if you have to work out which panel this can be harder when not fully alert.

i worked for big companies, most at the time made their own panels in house, but would buy detectors usually based on cheapest price at time of stocking up. this meant if you did not have that same one as replacement then the décor could be affected.

to give decent service imo you have to carry spares for just about anything that can go wrong, or have a viable alternative.

on takeovers, age of kit would play a big part in any discussions and decisions. a gamy or old external siren, one with somebody else's label on, or one over 5 years old would be replaced, not up for discussion as i simply don't take it on. i explain the the client/s along with the controls its one of the two main constituents the client (and you) really have to trust work as designed, and when most needed. the best detectors in the world are useless if these bits are or go duff.

while i may take on controls i don't carry, that's is only if i know them as half way decent and have the manuals, but no warranty on them. in every case its treated as a system with false alarms and ruthlessly tested as such, the idea being i don't want inconvenient call outs and nor do the clients and/or their neighbours. so the installation is tidied if required and all connections are remade (so my own colour code is also used).

new installs always 2 years labour 3 years kit, and i'd ask why should it be an issue? today's kit and what i use is in general extremely reliable, so its down to us as professionals to install it as we ave been paid and trusted to do- i.e. highly professionally, and i don't charge r&m so i make darn sure i don't make stupid mistakes that cost me money.

so even then i'll exercise my discretion i.e. if i think i should have avoided that fault at installation or by design, then they don't pay - even 10 years later, just because of my personal pride as a professional.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

the galaxys do it too.

didn't know that, then again i've never asked. Don't see us ever using it as our main panel, keypads ugly etc panel is ok though, but i feel most panels are more or less at the same level now.

I keep being tempted by castle though, it was my first choice but they couldn't get everything sorted in time, stock etc. The local ADI(yes we use the head office site lol) didn't carry stock at the time and would only order it. In the end texecom made the most effort and we needed to get away from Risco asap.

One thing i never liked about the premier is the fact that everyone and their dog use it.

Scantronic ............ i just don't see it much these days)

I prefer it that way, just wished they'd stop flogging it to sparkies & web wholesalers :rolleyes:

One thing i never liked about the premier is the fact that everyone and their dog use it.

Yep, becoming the graded accenta (thats not a knock btw)

I prefer it that way, just wished they'd stop flogging it to sparkies & web wholesalers :rolleyes:

Yep, becoming the graded accenta (thats not a knock btw)

I don't care, i don't make it ;)

Its a shame because the gear is quite good.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Texecom do have Remote Maintenance software' however it is under test and development at the moment, i will put a BETA release up later today in the downloads section, anybody who wants to play with it, and provide feedback is welcome to do so. The actual formal release date is October this year, so unless there are any screaming issues, that will be the case.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Archived