Security Installer Community

One Panel To Rule Them All

r24977

IMHO theres not enough clever kids drawn into the trade, I suspect IT soaks up most of the kids who would have been fellow 12v monkeys in the past ?

proberbly right, but imo finding the one with the enthusiasm is main criteria. we can teach tech & regs.

no camera jobs, when sun shines....... loft work

taking the time to teach is an investment. same once you got em trained they s*d off and work for others or start up on own. Too much enthusiasm lol..

I said its a pain, i ment a pain to stock them, but we do stock them.

Most of our systems are in this order from most to least.

1 Risco

2 Texecom (premier 48 and up now our chosen panel)

3 Galaxy

4 Menvier

5 everything else

Panels we don't touch:

ATS

Guardall (most of the time)

Pyronix (excl. castle)

Scantronic if i get my way (one of the lads thinks its ok, tbh we still take it on, i just don't see it much these days)

However, for a 5 or more site contract i would take any of them and get spares and training or swap out at cost if they were small sites.

we stick to cooper mainly scannys, on intruder. various reasons, as this is public.

got a castle euro from 2003 which is pulling line volts to 8v ?

now I gave my castle away as I was sick of seeing it, I may have spare dig but reckon the boards screwed, I rather give away (if pushed too) a 24, com2400, rkp & xp8 than spend a day in the stores seeing if I had spares or buying in something which may cure it ?

EDIT: I forgot we were in public, don't want my favourite little cusomers to read that now do i.

Can't we move the upgrade/takeover part of this thread to trade anyone???

Don`t get me wrong from my previous, I have my fave panels as we all do. Its just I have had to work on them all.

In London it seems very difficult to get new/take overs to swap panels if the old one is still working.

There are loads of rS50`s out there MX48`s Bentleys you name it.

All part of the fun :D

Don`t get me wrong from my previous, I have my fave panels as we all do. Its just I have had to work on them all.

In London it seems very difficult to get new/take overs to swap panels if the old one is still working.

One of the lads swapped the keyswitch on a Bentley F300 takeover today, customer loves the panel and won't get rid. As long as old Ken is still open down the road and they pay their £75 every year they can keep it.

Started in brockley, spittin from where enterprise hq now '81. We (Londoners) are tough to deal with :ninja: but loyal to those we trust... :) still got customers decades on.

topic abt panels, but t/o about all kit. how many just change panel & hope for best on eg pir's. twas different when mrc on all doors etc..

I said its a pain, i ment a pain to stock them, but we do stock them.

Most of our systems are in this order from most to least.

1 Risco

2 Texecom (premier 48 and up now our chosen panel)

3 Galaxy

4 Menvier

5 everything else

Panels we don't touch:

ATS

Guardall (most of the time)

Pyronix (excl. castle)

Scantronic if i get my way (one of the lads thinks its ok, tbh we still take it on, i just don't see it much these days)

However, for a 5 or more site contract i would take any of them and get spares and training or swap out at cost if they were small sites.

That's a lot of stock. Expensive to do too keeping that much stock and keeping that training upto date. Wouldn't you be better concentrating on one brand. Your island and ARM must be a nightmate

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

That's a lot of stock. Expensive to do too keeping that much stock and keeping that training upto date. Wouldn't you be better concentrating on one brand. Your island and ARM must be a nightmate

lol, i won't reply to all of that ;) Island and ARM, you lost me?

We don't stock full spares for all brands, we have full spares for texecom, risco and most of galaxy and menvier, we only keep van stock of risco and texecom, other stuff is in stores. I do have some rules to it, anything over 10-15 miles away is our gear, for UDL etc and to far to come back to office for stock.

If you think thats bad you should see what some are like around here, most take anything on with no spares, just link out and order from ADI!!! How do you think all the nationals do it????

I took over a Ch**b site with a menvier a while back, customer had waited almost 2 months for a replacement keypad and was charged £390 + VAT

I took over a Ch**b site with a menvier a while back, customer had waited almost 2 months for a replacement keypad and was charged £390 + VAT

I'd be next working day, half the price & still moaned about by the cleint.....

ARM?

I assume Automatic remote maint ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived