Security Installer Community

Sensor Choice?

Phatty

Hi there all,

Right, I have decided to do the proper thing and go for the EOL wiring. I think I have understood how to do this correctly. Just to make sure I have drawn the below diagram to show the EOL wiring of a single PIR to the alarm panel. Can somebody please look over this and let me know if this is correct. I am assuming I just connect the resistors direct into the terminals in the PIR.

Thanks

Mark

Correct. gold star. :D

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi there all,

Today I recieved a big box of alarm goodies and the CPX panel :rolleyes:

So let all the questions begin. I'm sure you'll all be sick of me by the end of this but I have read lots about it all so hopefully it should all go swimmingly.

Just a few easy questions to start:

In the panel (Eurosec CPX) i have a loose speaker. There is an internal mounting for this, and there is an external mounting box as part of the moulding. Why is this? And any opinions on whether to mount this speaker internal or external.

I take it this speaker just connects to the SPR+ and SPR- on the panel? I also got a sound bomb, does this just connect to the SPR+ and SPR- also.

The bell box is a Novagard 6. In the manual it talks about connecting it to a Novagard active compatible control panel. I assume that the CPX is Novagard active compatible? In which case I connect this up in serial mode?

Thanks for any advice offered.

Hi there all,

So let all the questions begin. I'm sure you'll all be sick of me by the end of this but I have read lots about it all so hopefully it should all go swimmingly.

In the panel (Eurosec CPX) i have a loose speaker. There is an internal mounting for this, and there is an external mounting box as part of the moulding. Why is this? And any opinions on whether to mount this speaker internal or external.

I take it this speaker just connects to the SPR+ and SPR- on the panel? I also got a sound bomb, does this just connect to the SPR+ and SPR- also.

The bell box is a Novagard 6. In the manual it talks about connecting it to a Novagard active compatible control panel. I assume that the CPX is Novagard active compatible? In which case I connect this up in serial mode?

Your first line of contact with any queries and problems should be the company that supplied the equipment to you.

Guest anguscanplay
Hi there all,

In the panel (Eurosec CPX) i have a loose speaker. There is an internal mounting for this, and there is an external mounting box as part of the moulding. Why is this? And any opinions on whether to mount this speaker internal or external. your choice

I take it this speaker just connects to the SPR+ and SPR- on the panel? yes I also got a sound bomb, does this just connect to the SPR+ and SPR- also. NO STOP RIGHT THERE AND MOVE AWAY FROM THE SCREDRIVER - IT`LL CATCH FIRE (PROBABLY) SIT DOWN AND READ THE INSTRUCTIONS - NOT EVERYTHING IS PROTECTED BY A FUSE

The bell box is a Novagard 6. In the manual it talks about connecting it to a Novagard active compatible control panel. I assume that the CPX is Novagard active compatible? In which case I connect this up in serial mode? you can but where will the "soundbomb" connect then ?(anyone - I wondered this the other day myself)

Your first line of contact with any queries and problems should be the company that supplied the equipment to you.

absolutely right,

for the o/p's information, this forum offers free advice to help people see past particular problems, it is not meant as a free training course in selection or complete installations. if you really need this depth of help then re-read the manuals - all of them, contact the supplier for advice or far better you employ a fully trained engineer.

sorry if that sounds hard

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if you really need this depth of help then re-read the manuals - all of them, contact the supplier for advice

Just to add to that, I installed my own alarm and have also had good advice here. On receipt I was confused by some aspects of it, not least how best to install the external siren - wiring and sequence. I asked the supplier and they were very helpful. :yes:

And remember, the supplier knows who you are and is giving information to you alone so can be far more specific than we can here in public. :whistle:

That is fair enough. I have now contacted the supplier with my queries.

I was not looking for a full step by step guide on how to install this panel, or a training course on how to become an alarm installer. I have done a lot of reading on the subject of alarm panels over the past week to try and get my head round all of this. And to be honest it can get a bit confusing at times with millions of acronyms and also being quite guarded.

The only reason I asked the questions last night was as I had had a quick read over the manual and those bits threw me slightly as they weren

before you put it on the wall put it on the workbench, wire it all up to make sure you understood how it and it works, that way you won't need to rush up and down ladders or around the house to solve problems if things are still confusing to you.

it's exactly what i do with any new kit. and prevents as best as i can wasting time or worse - looking a total dipstick to my clients when i'm missing a vital item :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi can some just confirm something for me.

Is the this panel NovActive compatible or not?

I asked the company that supplied it and they said no. It is only Risco 8 series panels.

The Risco catalogue says it is, and the manual I now have has a NovActive programming section.

All very confusing

Thanks

Mark

Hi can some just confirm something for me.

Is the this panel NovActive compatible or not?

I asked the company that supplied it and they said no. It is only Risco 8 series panels.

The Risco catalogue says it is, and the manual I now have has a NovActive programming section.

All very confusing

Thanks

Mark

says alot about where you got it from.

Yes as far as i am aware it is compatible, but IMO not needed on your install.

Archived