Security Installer Community

Sensor Choice?

Phatty

Forget perimeter protection and stick with the sensors you already have,simple as that.

Dont be bogged down with too much info from the guys on here ,they mean well but they can at times give you too much info.

Hardly been overwhelmed with information now as he?

Also, stick with what sensors??? OP said the wiring is in place. Perhaps information posted is relevant afterall.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Hi there all, thanks for all the replies.

I have decided to bin the perimeter protection idea for the moment and just use the sensors I already have. I need something up fast, and as has been said the ginger rat can get locked away or buried in the garden or generally thrown out.

I am now just contemplating to go with the gardtec box or go with the Texecom Excel. I like the idea of the text dialler with the Gardtec, but am a bit dubious as I heard the install instructions are rubbish.

I don

Hi there all, thanks for all the replies.

I have decided to bin the perimeter protection idea for the moment and just use the sensors I already have. I need something up fast, and as has been said the ginger rat can get locked away or buried in the garden or generally thrown out.

I am now just contemplating to go with the gardtec box or go with the Texecom Excel. I like the idea of the text dialler with the Gardtec, but am a bit dubious as I heard the install instructions are rubbish.

I don

Hardly been overwhelmed with information now as he?

Also, stick with what sensors??? OP said the wiring is in place. Perhaps information posted is relevant afterall.

I mean that the guys tend to overwhelm non alarm engineers with too much info,also go back and read it properly and you will find that he has pet wise detectors ..........Eagerly awaiting apology lol.

I mean that the guys tend to overwhelm non alarm engineers with too much info,also go back and read it properly and you will find that he has pet wise detectors ..........Eagerly awaiting apology lol.

Based on the OPs first two posts, he clearly states wires only.

Only as an aside in a 3rd post does he mention he has some detectors - on the wall to hide the wires.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Ok, been looking into this a bit more now and starting to understand the benefits of the CPX panel. Can somebody please confirm a couple of things for me however?

It mentions in the advertising that this is G-Tag compatible. Does this mean the RKP already has an inbuilt proximity reader, in which case I will only have to buy G-Tags to use this feature. Or will I still require an additional proximity reader?

Thanks

Mark

Ok, been looking into this a bit more now and starting to understand the benefits of the CPX panel. Can somebody please confirm a couple of things for me however?

It mentions in the advertising that this is G-Tag compatible. Does this mean the RKP already has an inbuilt proximity reader, in which case I will only have to buy G-Tags to use this feature. Or will I still require an additional proximity reader?

Thanks

Mark

that is the only ball they dropped, you need a reader aswell as the tags, the next panel up [595] has it built into the rkp.

but tbh its not that hard to just put your code in.

Based on the OPs first two posts, he clearly states wires only.

Only as an aside in a 3rd post does he mention he has some detectors - on the wall to hide the wires.

So why not read the whole thread before commenting and what does only as an aside mean lol ?

Archived