Security Installer Community

Sensor Choice?

Phatty

post-1613-1195851126.jpgFit these in your house, you will never get any problems, although you will need a cable in each corner of the room.
post-1613-1195851126.jpgFit these in your house, you will never get any problems, although you will need a cable in each corner of the room.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

CPX panel will do the job with pet PIR's. I have fitted a lot of wireless shocks(Gardtec) and when set up right are a good piece of kit.

You should look for cables at the front and back door aswell as iv never heard of a new build that is cabled that does not have cable in these areas but i might be wrong.

With the wireless kit you can have keyfobs that set/unset the panel which are great!

!

I think i will order the CPX in the morning. Seems like an ideal panel for my needs. I looked again for wires near the front and rear doors and there isn't any. I'm not too fussed anyhow. I'll just stick with the Pet PIR on their own just now and see how they cope. If they don't work then i'll shoot the cat, or tie lead weights to it to stop it moving around to much.

So going to order:

CPX panel + RKP

Battery

Novagard 6 Bellbox

Is there anything i'm missing?

Once that arrives the real fun can start :unsure:

I should have no worries wiring it all together, but just hoping the programming etc isn't too demanding. I'm sure it will all be good fun though :rolleyes:

I think i will order the CPX in the morning. Seems like an ideal panel for my needs. I looked again for wires near the front and rear doors and there isn't any. I'm not too fussed anyhow. I'll just stick with the Pet PIR on their own just now and see how they cope. If they don't work then i'll shoot the cat, or tie lead weights to it to stop it moving around to much.

So going to order:

CPX panel + RKP

Battery

Novagard 6 Bellbox

I should have no worries wiring it all together, but just hoping the programming etc isn't too demanding. I'm sure it will all be good fun though :rolleyes:

Best bit of advice I can give regards programing is as excited you may be to get it all on the wall and get it making pretty noises read the manual once then read it again I promise if you read it cover to cover you'll find the install and programing a hell of a lot easier. :yes:

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Guest anguscanplay

So going to order:

CPX panel + RKP

Battery

Novagard 6 Bellbox

3Amp fuse for the spur ( invariable the builders loose it or leave a 13 in there)

broadband filter ?

internal sounder/ speaker

wireless adaptor and a couple of wireless door contacts

Have fun

I will make sure i read the manual right the way through, i'm quite sad like that anyhow. :whistle:

Good point about the internal sounder, i totally forgot about that. Where is the best place to keep this. Does it just sit with the panel?

The panel is going to be fitted under the stairs next to the consumer unit. So i was going to make a spur from that. Do i put this on the non rcd side of the consumer unit in case it trips while im away for any reason and it drains the battery?

I'm not going to bother with the wireless toys yet. I'll have to save that fun for a later date.

Thanks for all the great info guys. Your making this stuff a lot clearer.

I will make sure i read the manual right the way through, i'm quite sad like that anyhow. :whistle:

you will never ever be any good in this trade then, reading the manuals let alone understanding them is for cissy's :)

Good point about the internal sounder, i totally forgot about that. Where is the best place to keep this. Does it just sit with the panel?

:no:- because when an intruder enters it will attract him/her to the noise source (so then might attack it and so the panel).

The panel is going to be fitted under the stairs next to the consumer unit. So i was going to make a spur from that please please please get this bit done by a qualified sparks, who can also properly certificate the works (as legally required under recent legislation :yes: ). far safer for you to always remember a good engineer understands 'confidence is not competence', and will better for your sellers pack in the future when you come sell up

Regs

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
I will make sure i read the manual right the way through, i'm quite sad like that anyhow. :whistle:YEP

Good point about the internal sounder, i totally forgot about that. Where is the best place to keep this. Does it just sit with the panel? could do - don`t worry about it

The panel is going to be fitted under the stairs next to the consumer unit. So i was going to make a spur from that. Do i put this on the non rcd side of the consumer unit in case it trips while im away for any reason and it drains the battery? NON side but unless your competant ........

I'm not going to bother with the wireless toys yet. I'll have to save that fun for a later date. be better to get the doors covered NOW

Whatever you do don`t get sidetracked into buying POWERMAX (or the tat Tesco sell), stick with the CPX

Archived