Security Installer Community

Sensor Choice?

Phatty

Hi can some just confirm something for me.

Is the this panel NovActive compatible or not?

I asked the company that supplied it and they said no. It is only Risco 8 series panels.

The Risco catalogue says it is, and the manual I now have has a NovActive programming section.

All very confusing

Thanks

Mark

Any sounder will connect to any panel, you just have to know the 'ins & outs' and adjust accordingly

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Any sounder will connect to any panel, you just have to know the 'ins & outs' and adjust accordingly

as you said it will connect, but not all panels will run a novagard in active mode, only gardtec cpx and above will do this.

if your wondering what i mean have a read of www.riscogroup.co.uk, they are a good idea but IMO not needed in this install.

Guest anguscanplay
as you said it will connect, but not all panels will run a novagard in active mode, only gardtec cpx and above will do this.

if your wondering what i mean have a read of www.riscogroup.co.uk, they are a good idea but IMO not needed in this install.

because new technology scares me - how would you connect an internal sounder if your running "Activ" ?

aux + and an output?

ni mr gt king (:lol:) they will not supply enough current unless you reprog the strobe output.

far better to put in with +ve and - ring of external bell, that way it only operates in full alarm, and won't scare the kack out of the kids pants or the dog.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

ni mr gt king (:lol:) they will not supply enough current unless you reprog the strobe output.

far better to put in with +ve and - ring of external bell, that way it only operates in full alarm, and won't scare the kack out of the kids pants or the dog.

regs

alan

The king still holds the thrown, read the post before yours alan. You are yet to beat me on gardtec matey ;)

The king still holds the thrown, read the post before yours alan. You are yet to beat me on gardtec matey ;)

given the grief this guy has already had, do you really want to take him along another even bumpier road with Nova Active (which i dislike with a vengence )

and i was fitting Gartec before you started suckling :whistle:

regs

alan

Oh dear. I haven't fitted the bellbox or wired anythingup yet so Novactive isn't yet decided upon, and no one has said to use it anyhow. If you think it's not worth the hassle i'll just wire it up normally. In the end of the day your experience is worth much more than my enthusiasm. I was just asking if the panel and bellbox were compatible as the bellbox manual makes it sound like a good thing.

And I wouldn't say I have that bad a time of things yet (apart from the house being broken into yet). I have actually quite enjoyed reading up on all this stuff. I would have never realised how complex these things actually are.

I'm going to rewire the PIR' for EOL tonight so that i'm clear of the lounge and the missus can put up the xmas tree.

Anyway thanks for all your input, it's very much appreciated :)

Oh dear. I haven't fitted the bellbox or wired anythingup yet so Novactive isn't yet decided upon, and no one has said to use it anyhow. If you think it's not worth the hassle i'll just wire it up normally. In the end of the day your experience is worth much more than my enthusiasm. I was just asking if the panel and bellbox were compatible as the bellbox manual makes it sound like a good thing.

And I wouldn't say I have that bad a time of things yet (apart from the house being broken into yet). I have actually quite enjoyed reading up on all this stuff. I would have never realised how complex these things actually are.

I'm going to rewire the PIR' for EOL tonight so that i'm clear of the lounge and the missus can put up the xmas tree.

Anyway thanks for all your input, it's very much appreciated :)

now just let me see,

the thread started with "Sensor Choice?" then we got to connections, then we got to can the panel go under th stairs? then internal sirens how to connect. @ post 56 you are now pondering if the more exotic novactive option is really worth all the effort having researched if available with your panel.

so nope, i agree and your absolutely right that you have had absolutely no problems whatsoever :rolleyes:

novactive is a high security option which i'd guess you won't need, that level of security the insurance company would be insisting on a pro installation. if the sometimes temperamental novactive protection starts to causes you a problem, how will you ever resolve it?

that said it's your call, if your siren is fairly inaccessible without ladders i'd consider if i were in your place the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) route for sheer reliability and ease.

at the end of the day your system or any siren only system operates as a noise generator to scare away intruders, novactive or not the noise will be the same for each, you don't even get a 'go louder' sticker :no:

regs

alan

Archived