Security Installer Community

Sensor Choice?

Phatty

Hi and thanks for your thoughts.

I would ideally like to have this done for me to save the hassle, but with xmas looming there is no chance I can stretch. I am confident in my ability to do this anyway, plus the added bonus of jobs satisfaction and all that.

The house was newly built when we bought it about a year ago, and the wiring was already in place when we moved in. It is white 6 core cable that has been installed.

The location of the PIR are highlighted in red in the diagram (if it uploads) and look reasonable, it

post-15290-1195733536_thumb.jpg

Now is my problem. She has a cat, so I am think in I would be better to have perimeter protection so I can turn off the PIR

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Hello,

First off i would go with the gardtec cpx system, instead of the texecom excel. much more bang for your buck.

Fitting shock sensors IMO is the way to go, i have fitted thousands [all gardtecs shockgard range, they are the dogs]

I fit a shock and contact on all opening doors besides the entrance door, due to post, visitor ect.

although if you can keep the cat in another room you can have the best of both worlds with shocks and PIRs.

the reasons i like the gardtec equipment is the fact that the CPX has a built in Dialer that will ring any four numbers programmed and tell you the zone No. activated, it also has the option of a 8 zone wireless expander, so you can have the PIRS wired and the shockers wireless. All round great bit of kit and well above the excel in features and very reliable.

I must admit the wireless extras are not that cheap, but they are fantastic in quality and save alot of work/ hassle not having to take cables to the windows/doors and the batteries will last 3-5 yrs.

Guest anguscanplay

Forget the perimeter idea ( theres quite a few threads about it with my name in them ), try the cat sensors - if they false alarm change them for some better ones

CPX is a good little panel, but but but it`ll cost less to get it done than you think (plus theres warrenties and 24hr support)

Hi Phatty, I agree with alter with the CPX and with Angus about the NO shocks also it would be worth checking how many cables you have back at the control panel location you'll probably find that the front and back door are already cabled as the ' "Ginger Rat" couple of Ibuprofen in his whiskers :X ' No seriously you can get very good pet immune detectors that work on weight of the pet.

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Hi Phatty, I agree with alter with the CPX and with Angus about the NO shocks also it would be worth checking how many cables you have back at the control panel location you'll probably find that the front and back door are already cabled as the ' "Ginger Rat" couple of Ibuprofen in his whiskers :X ' No seriously you can get very good pet immune detectors that work on weight of the pet.

Forget perimeter protection and stick with the sensors you already have,simple as that.

Dont be bogged down with too much info from the guys on here ,they mean well but they can at times give you too much info.

Archived