Security Installer Community

Sensor Choice?

Phatty

Hmmm, since you put it like that. I guess I have had a few problems and questions about this whole thing :whistle:

When I first started this I didn't realise there was so much to all this. I have a good knowledge of electronics having worked in the semiconductor industry. Its just things like EOL, it just isn't explained properly anywhere. The wiring is simple now i have the instructions and I can understand now how this system works and can determine between the different states in the detectors.

There just aren't that many resources that address knowledge which you might take for granted. The thing with Nova Active is the only info available for it is from the manufacturer. And they are obviously one sided and aren't going to say it's tempremental. It helps to get an exerienced opinion on these sorts of things. So i will avoid it now.

Thanks for your input and I'll try to keep quiet now.

given the grief this guy has already had, do you really want to take him along another even bumpier road with Nova Active (which i dislike with a vengence )

and i was fitting Gartec before you started suckling :whistle:

regs

alan

i never advised, just answered anguses question about how to run a SB if active was used.

and your last comment either makes me a fast learner, or you a bit thick. :rolleyes: You choose i'm happy with either. :P

Hmmm, since you put it like that. I guess I have had a few problems and questions about this whole thing :whistle:

When I first started this I didn't realise there was so much to all this. I have a good knowledge of electronics having worked in the semiconductor industry. Its just things like EOL, it just isn't explained properly anywhere. The wiring is simple now i have the instructions and I can understand now how this system works and can determine between the different states in the detectors.

There just aren't that many resources that address knowledge which you might take for granted. The thing with Nova Active is the only info available for it is from the manufacturer. And they are obviously one sided and aren't going to say it's tempremental. It helps to get an exerienced opinion on these sorts of things. So i will avoid it now.

Thanks for your input and I'll try to keep quiet now.

we each have our skills,

as many others on here, i too design and produce electronic items when required, often melding different equipment together (ok botching but being paid for it :P ) so it works outside it's designed envelope, or i build bespoke. i'd readily admit in that field and in your playground you would be vastly superior.

there is so much involved with any trade which is not apparent to the casual gazer, take a look at thread about Yale radio, got fitted and worked fine so poster pleased, we try to say a problem might be when it gets a problem like false alarms, that is often where the skill and experience shows in avoiding the possible faults initially and being able to diagnose any that occur, and placement of detection to maximise the worth of the system, which is information thats in poor supply in the box.

i really hope you have every success with your system as a bad one is bad for everyone in my book, i would not be posting if i did not feel that way. the best advice is just don't over complicate issues, but stay in your comfort zone. imo best to get it working as a basic system initially, even without the external siren connected just to save your neighbours inconvenience and patience while you get it sorted and tested (ever listened to some dough nut testing his newly self installed highly over sensitive car alarm? :rolleyes: ), then twiddle with the bells and whistles, and i'm sure that's advice you would give in your own 'back yard' to me.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Just a quick update on this.

I have now installed everything and it all appears to be working correctly for the moment. All in all it wasn't that bad. I think the worst bit was probably trying to feed the wires for the RKP and Phone through the walls. The programming isn't all that bad once you get used to it either.

I haven't played around with the dialler yet as i forgot to get a broadband filter, but that can wait. Anyhow many many thanks for all your help.

Archived