Security Installer Community

I Wish I Was As Good As A National

half and half - it was a flyer from yuasa iirc claimed that marker pen or even the sticky from using insulating tape would degrade the plastic and lead to gas escaping though obviously if you bought there special " battery marking kit " there wouldnt be an issue

didnt they once publish a chart with the degree`s over optimum to hours off expected life formula plotted out ( every 5 degrees looses an hour ish )

CONFORMATION

Received today, 24-08-07

From - Technical Services Manager (Yuasa Battery Sales UK)

......... our install guide mentions not to use organic solvents or adhesive on or near the batteries.

We have found that most insulation tapes and paper stickers are okay and do not cause damage.

Generally if a substance smells like a solvent or is oil or grease based, then do not use it on or near the batteries.

So, no permanent marker pens then!!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

CONFORMATION

Received today, 24-08-07

......... our install guide mentions not to use organic solvents or adhesive on or near the batteries.

We have found that most insulation tapes and paper stickers are okay and do not cause damage.

Generally if a substance smells like a solvent or is oil or grease based, then do not use it on or near the batteries.

and no terminal anti-corrosion grease either then ;)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

CONFORMATION

Received today, 24-08-07

MINE DOSN'T SMELL :whistle:

and there ain't a chance in the world i will change my method of marking a battery.

sometimes it has to be said 'GET A LIFE' :P

You Sad **********

Use a marker pen like 99.9% of companys, if you put as much effort into working and macking a proffit as you do about moaning on about dating batts with marker pens causing problems you might start to get a life.

Please refrain from trying to bypass the bad word filter.

You Sad ************

Use a marker pen like 99.9% of companys, if you put as much effort into working and macking a proffit as you do about moaning on about dating batts with marker pens causing problems you might start to get a life.

lol :P

they got to much time on there hands!

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

You Sad *************

lol QFA

Unreal, i cannot belive someone would contact yuasa to ask such a thing WTF!

Archived