Security Installer Community

I Wish I Was As Good As A National

Guest Dave the alarm man
very nice work, but not that happy about the upended battery (which is still upended in later picture) don't do it any good and more likely to topple out on to engineer.

total ****..............

An SLA battery will work in any orientation with out lossing performance or electrolyte leakage

*Except* upside down (continuous use) as gas can't vent

total ****..............

An SLA battery will work in any orientation with out lossing performance or electrolyte leakage

You don't look at many batteries then, have seen many (leaking) since these came on to the market (all brands), just the same, but not as bad as the old 'dry' batteries we used to use. You do remember them, don't you?

By the way, always worse if standing on an end.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

It's hardly going to fall out! :rolleyes:

it's that silly clumsy moment when something distracts the engineer, like a highly taxing and technical question from the client "1 lump or 2 in the tea" or "plain or milk chocolate biscuits?" etc :rolleyes: or perhaps the cables or meter leads snag on it.

for whatever reason, it happen's so a cable tie only costing pennies against a few day (or weeks) off work cost's........................

mind you, i did once drop a 2amp on a clients dog after it had a go at my ankles "accidentally" of course :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
it's that silly clumsy moment when something distracts the engineer, like a highly taxing and technical question from the client "1 lump or 2 in the tea" or "plain or milk chocolate biscuits?" etc :rolleyes: or perhaps the cables or meter leads snag on it.

for whatever reason, it happen's so a cable tie only costing pennies against a few day (or weeks) off work cost's........................

mind you, i did once drop a 2amp on a clients dog after it had a go at my ankles "accidentally" of course :whistle:

regs

alan

nah soldering irons best for that little scenario " oh dear was it sniffing too close ................"

Guest Dave the alarm man
You don't look at many batteries then,

they are designed to work in any orientation, ask the manufacturer there are many thing like mopeds, fire alarms, end station & stairlifts that I have seen with my very own eye's which only take their battey end on.......

but not as bad as the old 'dry' batteries we used to use.

too young for the everyready 6 volt battery

I thought it was best to fit them with the contacts to the bottom so the electric stuff falls out on demand, also ensures that the last drop of power is squeezed out much the same way as leaving a sauce bottle upside down when nearly empty.........

Guest anguscanplay
You don't look at many batteries then, have seen many (leaking) since these came on to the market (all brands), just the same, but not as bad as the old 'dry' batteries we used to use. You do remember them, don't you?

By the way, always worse if standing on an end.

that be why all my 9100`s are failing then will it ? lol

Archived