Security Installer Community

I Wish I Was As Good As A National

Guest anguscanplay
I see Chubb do the extinguishers then Gus!

You want to find a local firm you trust and subby it so Chubb don't try to expand the relationship with the customer and pinch your intruder contract B)

nah the site safe - no one can beat us on service

I see Chubb do the extinguishers then Gus!

You want to find a local firm you trust and subby it so Chubb don't try to expand the relationship with the customer and pinch your intruder contract B)

I once worked for chub for the amazing time of two weeks when they completely screwed up the company i worked for. Did i say screwed up i ment took over. Out of the five service and six installers that worked there only the apprentice stayed. How can you remove a vcr and mux from a shopping centre car park and not replace it for five months and still expect the customer to be happy with the level of service.and that was just one instance that was told to me by one of the installers i worked with. Angus i dont think you have to wory about them. P.s there home grown engineers didnt know anything about the main off the shelf panels and would only go to there own ones. Sorry to any chubbies out there i meen no offence im sure not all branches are like this.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

• 4 weeks later...

i have just had a nice experience with a national in fire

things i found....

Networked system where Node 2 signalled to the A.R.C but was on a standard network and not fault tollerant, although is classed as a critical signal path.

design obviously done from drawings and no site visits as detectors were in the middle of rooms with apexed ceilings

not programmed fully

isolators not correctly located on loops

non fire cable used in some places

panel did not have zone indication

relay inside a plastic bag which was floating about in a psu

you don't always get what you pay for....

i work for an independant but i will take a pepsi challenge against this nationals engineers in fire any time.

there are good and bad in national and solo companies but in this case the customer thought they would get the best by paying more for a national.

i work for a national and have to say that the worst cases i have ever come across have been the little independents. penny pinching tossers that dont have much of a name to get tarnished in the first place.

Stay away from my Customers Biscuit boy I've warned you B4 :bruce_h4h:

Stay away from my Customers Biscuit boy I've warned you B4 :bruce_h4h:

lol, no probs C. i will take your advice, judging by some of the stories i hear, this is the advide the little boys have taken too regarding their own customers.

if the large nationals paid more, gave more holidays, better conditions and better bonuses than you get right now, i bet all the guys working for the little companies would switch, given the chance. what does that prove? nothing. just like posting pictures from other peoples jobs under the banner

"I Wish I Was As Good As A National, Nationals think they can get away with anything ".

if they/we are that bad, why are they/we "large nationals".

bit of jealousy i think. a better header would have been, "look at this cack job i have just landed".

who cares about alarms, Glasgow Rangers are beating Olympic Lyon by three goals!

Archived