Security Installer Community

Anyone missing a keypad?

Monteey

Its quite amazing how some of you assume the worst in this chap and yet none of you know him. You have no idea of where the kit has come from so you accuse him of stealing and condem him when you know nothing about him other than he sells on Ebay.

Why do you even care? Its none of your business and you cant do anything about it even if it were all contriband anyway.

Book-cover etc?

Get a life maybe? :whistle:

Guest RICHL
I agree with the earlier comment about clearing his shed out. Looks like a small local one-man business who's given up, retired, whatever, and is just clearing out the leftovers.

47687[/snapback]

but the keypad in the link has the //.National Installer.// logo on it?

Somewhere along the line the branded kit has been 'ill gotten' as //.National Installer.// do not supply only. I am sure that there's a lot of small company 'ill gotten' stock out there as well but it may not be as obvious as this (branded etc). I personally deplore such activity as I think it starts the tar brush situation.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Dave, you might be being over-suspicious.  ^_^ Have you used ebay yourself?

Firstly the "price" is just the opening price in an auction. There could easily be a reserve that is higher but not visible. I've sold stuff (not alarms) for up to £100 that started at £1.

But there is no reserve, its always clearly stated next to the price?!
Secondly he's sold loads of similar stuff in the last few weeks and has a 100% rating from people he's dealt with.

Some of the WORST sellers I have come accross on ebay have almost excellent ratings. Most people who get kicked off get up the the ridiculous 'Power Seller' status before they really take it too far and the ebay charlatans have to take notice.

Also, most people buying this sort of thing wont always know what they are doing so it could be too late by the time they find out its potentially duff. (I.e they buy it as a spare or now spend the next 3 months trying to win a control unit off ebay too).

Stu.

(Edited for formatting)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Guest RICHL
Somewhere along the line the branded kit has been 'ill gotten' as //.National Installer.// do not supply only.  I am sure that there's a lot of small company 'ill gotten' stock out there as well but it may not be as obvious as this (branded etc).  I personally deplore such activity as I think it starts the tar brush situation.

47706[/snapback]

* Quite.

I personally deplore such activity as I think it starts the tar brush situation.

47706[/snapback]

Fully Agree there,

Ebay need to get their act together and get this sort of thing stopped.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Dave, you might be being over-suspicious.  Have you used ebay yourself?
I`m NOT being over suspicious, I use eBay regulary.
Its quite amazing how some of you assume the worst in this chap and yet none of you know him. You have no idea of where the kit has come from so you accuse him of stealing and condem him when you know nothing about him other than he sells on Ebay.
Hmmmm he has 2 ADT keypads and 3 Menvier keypads, anyone who has paid TRADE for these will know they are way under priced. Those protection one wireless panels arent cheap and he has 2 for sale currently at £1.99? and everything is as new and still boxed....Sorry Ian but get real, you`d only be selling these at those prices if you hadn`t bought them in the 1st place.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Fully Agree there,

Ebay need to get their act together and get this sort of thing stopped.

Regards

Bellman

47714[/snapback]

Oh so its Ebays fault now ! :bsflag:

They have a disclaimer stating "Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item."

Frankly if anyone has a problem its //.National Installer.// (maybe)! Nobody can say with 100% conviction that this chap is doing anything wrong!

Sorry Ian but get real, you`d only be selling these at those prices if you hadn`t bought them in the 1st place.

I am very real Dave and i doubt if the chap was stood in front of you now you would accuse him of being a thief without hearing his side of the story! But because he is faceless and just a name on Ebay everyone is prepared to call him a thief!

Why is it such a big deal to everyone here, its nothing to do with anyone here,if anyones problem its //.National Installer.//'s and they dont appear to do much about it as it goes on week in week out.

Hell your even assuming he is a security systems engineer when he might be a cleaner.

This is my point, your all assuming and pointing fingers when you know nothing!

Archived