Security Installer Community

Anyone missing a keypad?

Monteey

Does it really matter, if you have a problem with it complain to Ebay. But you have to accept that products of unknown origin, will be and continue to be sold on Ebay. Its a fact of life.

If //.National Installer.// were bothered they would be doing something about it, like controlling there stock better, or ultimately is it not increasing their brand awareness.

Handling stolen goods!

* edited for stupid spelling.

47717[/snapback]

Said it before Norman, this statement says a lot for //.National Installer.//'s own security practices.

Oh so its Ebays fault now  ! :bsflag:

They have a disclaimer stating "Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item."

Frankly if anyone has a problem its //.National Installer.// (maybe)! Nobody can say with 100% conviction that this chap is doing anything wrong!

47716[/snapback]

Get real Ian,

I report items like this to Ebay all the time and they do NOTHING about it. banghead

The parts are //.National Installer.// property since they are //.National Installer.// branded

and //.National Installer.// DON'T supply only as Norman pointed out above.

Or do you condone the use of stolen property?

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Said it before Norman, this statement says a lot for //.National Installer.//'s own security practices.

47719[/snapback]

EVERY engineer has to sign for stock and they are regularly audited to make sure things are kept in check.

This guy's a fool if he thinks he will not be held accountable.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

or ultimately is it not increasing their brand awareness.

47718[/snapback]

It does untold harm to branding.

Ebay are "just a venue" and I'm sure they are more than happy with the fact they still collect their fee's regardless.

Things are being done.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Get real Ian,

I report items like this to Ebay all the time and they do NOTHING about it. banghead

The parts are  //.National Installer.// property since they are  //.National Installer.// branded

and //.National Installer.// DON'T supply only as Norman pointed out above.

Or do you condone the use of stolen property?

Regards

Bellman

47720[/snapback]

They do to //.National Installer.// Distributors.

I am very real Dave and i doubt if the chap was stood in front of you now you would accuse him of being a thief without hearing his side of the story
Sorry but if he were in front of me now then I would call him a thief to his face. Regardless as to what his STORY was. Those keypads are £70+ at trade prices, if he`d got a 1/2 price reserve then i`d say that was an acceptable loss.

It`s not just this bloke, there`s plenty of suspicious stuff being sold on eBay, a new ADT Galaxy 60 went last week for £12.99 + P&P, ok it may not be my problem, But its certainly starting to annoy me.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest Peter James

I must say 12.99 plus postage is very tempting, just to put on the shelf as a service replacement.

However, I wouldnt buy this sort of kit off ebay for the following reasons:-

A) If it labeled //.National Installer.// then it's most likely owned by them (this could be recieving stolen goods).

b ) No matter how new it looks or seems it could have been installed and removed becouse it was faulty.

C) The supplier is not ISO rateable.

E) If I purchase it and it doesnt work or fails shortly afterwards I have no return.

We have all bought something from ebay that broke two minutes after you recieved it, (Especially if your American).

Its a case of buyer beware, and I personally wouldnt buy something I would trust to protect my home and family from Ebay.

Pete

Archived