Security Installer Community

Anyone missing a keypad?

Monteey

BT do auction off lots of stuff. Tools, Vehicles, Exchange equipment etc, etc.

47777[/snapback]

I know, but this was 100% still the property of BT. A 47U cabinet, fibre racks, 6 or 7 NTE's for various leased lines\kilostream\megastream etc... and some other stuff, most definitely not old BT stock, the listing said that the seller had moved into a new office and removed it all as he didn't know what it was, "but it looks expensive".

Found the link, it's this lot.

But there is no reserve, its always clearly stated next to the price?!

47712[/snapback]

I don't think reserves work like that. This is what ebay themselves say:

----------------------------------------------

Some auctions have a reserve price, a hidden minimum price, on their item. How it works:

A reserve price is the minimum price a seller is willing to accept for the item.

As a buyer, you are not shown the reserve price, only whether or not the reserve has been met.

The seller is not obliged to sell the item if the reserve price is not met.

The winning bidder must meet or exceed the reserve price and have the highest bid.

----------------------------------------------

Having bid on such auctions that is what I saw. You have no idea there's a reserve unless you bid. Then you only know whether you're under or over it.

I think the reserve is shown to all after bidding closes.

It's a bit "Wild West" out in ebay-land. Caveat Emptor! :stab:

Having bid on such auctions that is what I saw. You have no idea there's a reserve unless you bid. Then you only know whether you're under or over it.

I think the reserve is shown to all after bidding closes.

47782[/snapback]

ebay always shows next to the price "Reserve met" or Reserve not met" if the item has a reserve on it.

Trade Full Member

Has the Law system changed in this country??
banghead

No it hasnt, but that wasnt the point I was trying to get accross. I`m as likely to prove their dodgy as he is to prove their not.

This debate could go on forever, but at the end of the day it makes no difference to me what anyone else thinks on this subject. But answer me this..? If after buying security equipment at full trade price would any of you then be stupid enough to advertise it on eBay for whatever reason, and be willing to sell it at such a major loss..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I know, but this was 100% still the property of BT. A 47U cabinet, fibre racks, 6 or 7 NTE's for various leased lines\kilostream\megastream etc... and some other stuff, most definitely not old BT stock, the listing said that the seller had moved into a new office and removed it all as he didn't know what it was, "but it looks expensive".

Found the link, it's this lot.

47781[/snapback]

I feel a bit sorry for them, they probably have no idea whose it really is and just want it out the way. At least they took the trouble to dismantle it carefully, most would chuck it into a skip!

BT are not good at removing such stuff from property, but then who tells them, and the new occupiers usually don't want it. If you call BT how often will they send someone along to repossess their old stuff?

Difficult decisions when you're trying to run a business and this is just in the way and you have no documentation as to who really owns it.

One approach is to call BT and tell them you're charging them storage until they send someone along to identify it and take away their property. :rolleyes:

If after buying security equipment at full trade price would any of you then be stupid enough to advertise it on eBay for whatever reason, and be willing to sell it at such a major loss..?

47786[/snapback]

Auction not finished yet. It may reach over trade price by the end.

Trade Full Member

I feel a bit sorry for them, they probably have no idea whose it really is and just want it out the way. At least they took the trouble to dismantle it carefully, most would chuck it into a skip!

BT are not good at removing such stuff from property, but then who tells them,  and the new occupiers usually don't want it. If you call BT how often will they send someone along to repossess their old stuff?

Difficult decisions when you're trying to run a business and this is just in the way and you have no documentation as to who really owns it.

One approach is to call BT and tell them you're charging them storage until they send someone along to identify it and take away their property.  :rolleyes:

47787[/snapback]

I'm sure Smarty will correct me but Megastreams aren't quite skip fodder just yet... I have seen plenty of Kilostreams abandoned even after official BT disconnection though. No-one expects BT to come round and take your old outside bell away anymore - although, more fool them if when you phone their call-centre you are openly advised self-removal on a hard wired item.

Like a lot of those on ebay, selling 1980s Guardall PIRS for a few pence, it actually says a lot about how desperate these people are for a few quid (quoted from someone here, I forgot who now, sorry).

If you phoned BT and told them you were charging storage, I'm pretty sure they would just tell you to read your general service T+C's...

Stu.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

My point still stands, your all accusing him and not one shred of proof.

As someone has already stated innocent untill proven guilty and he has a good case for libel at the moment i would like to point out.

For all you know dave he could have bought it as a job lot at auction from the baliffs who took it from a small business that has gone under that was part of the //.National Installer.// dealership rip off.

You dont know thats not the case but your still prepeared to say he is a thief.

So your not prepared to hear his case............. he is a thief?

My point still stands, your all accusing him and not one shred of proof.

47791[/snapback]

For the record, I didn't say he was a thief or handler of stolen goods. You can never tell, he might be, he might not be, who knows?

Looking at his other items, I think he's just cleared his shed out!

47656[/snapback]

I just bought my first item off e-bay (previously always outbid) i bought a CD 95 with 2 x RLE + RKP & dialer for £20 + £10 postage. Now this could have been removed by an eng but the guy has e-mailed me with lots of other stuff. The labels have been partially removed but are clearly //.National Installer.//. I think i have sufficient info to find the origin of this kit. Now do i really want to get a security screened eng into trouble. No i think it's more trouble than its worth and at the end of the day its an //.National Installer.// problem not mine thank goodness

Jef.

Customers!

Archived