Security Installer Community

Anyone missing a keypad?

Monteey

Get real Ian,

I report items like this to Ebay all the time and they do NOTHING about it. banghead

47720[/snapback]

I was having a scout round a couple of weeks ago and found about 6k's worth of BT equipment up for sale. This was 100% owned by BT, but someone had ripped it out of an office and eBayed it. Maybe a genuine mistake by the seller as to not realising who it was owned by, but it was still the property of someone else. I emailed BT and eBay several times and heard nothing. Complete waste of time, if eBay aren't bothered about 6k of dodgy items they're not going to be bothered about anything sub 100 quid.

I emailed BT and eBay several times and heard nothing. Complete waste of time, if eBay aren't bothered about 6k of dodgy items they're not going to be bothered about anything sub 100 quid.

47759[/snapback]

I don't know about BT, but, unless they've changed their rules, I wouldn't expect to hear anything from ebay. :ninja:

I was the target of some suspect behaviour on ebay a while ago and reported it. Reading ebays rules closely it was clear that I would never be told the outcome of their investigations, or even if there were any. I got a standard acknowledgement from ebay and that was it. That said, the suspect activity stopped.

If you think it's clearly breaking the rules, report it. :police:

Ebay has it's benefits, but as I think we all know, you need to be wary.

It's hard work reporting anything to eBay anyway. If they can't be arsed to respond then why bother. If customers just left messages for me and I never told them when I was doing any of the work, or even if I was they wouldn't be too impressed. Same thing really, common courtesy, politeness and manners if nothing else.

Ok then if your all so right provide me with the proof that this kit is stolen and he is the thief!
Prove it isnt and that he`s not...? :no:

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I was having a scout round a couple of weeks ago and found about 6k's worth of BT equipment up for sale. This was 100% owned by BT, but someone had ripped it out of an office and eBayed it. Maybe a genuine mistake by the seller as to not realising who it was owned by, but it was still the property of someone else. I emailed BT and eBay several times and heard nothing. Complete waste of time, if eBay aren't bothered about 6k of dodgy items they're not going to be bothered about anything sub 100 quid.

47759[/snapback]

BT do auction off lots of stuff. Tools, Vehicles, Exchange equipment etc, etc.

Archived