Security Installer Community

Greetings from Australia

Grego

On 21/08/2023 at 21:43, MrHappy said:

put resistors in your old tat & get the system working before you buy some new tat ?

anything with a n/c alarm + n/c tamper will work with your galaxy

I have no idea what pir's are sold in the Australia market, however the panel can define its own resistor values

Yes, agreed. Will keep the old PIR's and will add resistors as per @sixwheeledbeast suggestion.

6 hours ago, Grego said:

Regarding the siren and strobe... It's hard to explain, however the RIO is going to be placed in a studio that is separate from our main house. The studio is where my wife manufactures glass jewellery, so we thought extending the new security system by using a RIO made sense. Being a separate building I figured having an independent siren and strobe made sense. 

I've run an 8 core cable between the house and studio, and yes agree the siren and strobe should be powered independently. I was advised outside this forum it's best to have a battery backed supply, as if mains fails, the RIO will power off causing tamper. But I figure if the RIO get's power from the panel and the siren/strobe are independently powered it might not be an issue. 

Yes that will work 

On 23/08/2023 at 16:06, al-yeti said:

Yes that will work 

Only thing I am a bit confused about is how I wire the siren and strobe to be independently powered from an external 12 volt source? See the photo below, if I provide an external 12 volts for the strobe and the siren where does the power go in to the RIO?

Galaxy-RIO-Wiring.thumb.jpg.ac45069064ebe265e4c35527b2521ac1.jpg

7 hours ago, Grego said:

Only thing I am a bit confused about is how I wire the siren and strobe to be independently powered from an external 12 volt source? See the photo below, if I provide an external 12 volts for the strobe and the siren where does the power go in to the RIO?

Galaxy-RIO-Wiring.thumb.jpg.ac45069064ebe265e4c35527b2521ac1.jpg

What particular bell and strobe are using ?

10 hours ago, norman said:

From the RIO to energise a 12v relay. 

Yes, I figured that was the most likely option. Thanks.

4 hours ago, james.wilson said:

arr you powering the bell seperate to the rio?

Yes, to ensure the RIO or panel is not overloaded, due to the panel being some distance from the RIO.

• 2 weeks later...