Security Installer Community

Where do I turn for servicing?

Hi! Sorry if this is a really stupid question or if the answer is blatantly obvious, but I live on my own and can't find any info online. I have a Honeywell ADE Gen4 alarm system installed by the previous owners of the house in 2021. I wasn't given any information about it and only know the pass code by chance. For that reason I don't set my alarm as I don't know how and don't know how to shut it down if it goes off. Today I noticed a strange squarking noise every couple of hours coming from the external box. The panel says 12345678 TP 00000000 00. I think it might need servicing? How do I go about this? I can't find any information on the website. Sorry again if this is a stupid question!

Rented house - everything is the landlords problem.

Purchased house your solicitors should have ensured it was serviced / all info passed to you before completing

Or find a local co. to support it ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Purchased house. There is a manual with a mobile number for emergencies but this isn't really an emergency. Can anyone service it or do they have to be from Honeywell? Do you know how can I find someone?

5 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

If the outside box is squeaking it should trigger the inside as well as the bell tamper may be opening.

I would suggest you find a local company to check everything over.

Systems need servicing regularly to be reliable.

Hi, what is a bell tamper? Sorry I don't know the first thing about this! Can anyone service it or do they have to be from Honeywell?

That maybe the original installer, you will not get emergency response if there is no contract.

Honeywell make the panel they will not care for end users calling them. It's an alarm engineer you need.

You could call someone reputable that you know, try the original maintainer or maybe find someone in your area on here or via NSI or SSAIB websites.

Is there no phone number on the outside box? If not I would start by phoning the mobile you have and asking if they are the installer. If no answer then I would recommend searchin for a accredited company on the NSI or ssiab website you can search using your postcode  

22 hours ago, Charlottelou12 said:

There is a manual with a mobile number for emergencies but this isn't really an emergency.

Just call the number in office hours, ignore the 'emergencies' bit. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.