Security Installer Community

Heitel CIO Adapter

Nelboy

Hello,
In my box of old-ish CCTV stuff in the loft I have a Heitel CIO unit, it was put up there 2 or 3 years or so ago as I couldn't find any worthwhile information online about it; from what sparse information is out there, I assume this CIO unit can take input signals from a PIR sensor or similar and can then switch its own internal relays and/or send a command down an RS485 line to an attached camera such as to call up a camera preset position or pattern tour etc. There's no markings at all to show what terminal inputs do what, there's not even anything to show where the power input goes! There's a 9-pin D-SUB socket which I assume is an RS232 port, but otherwise just a shipload of those green pull-out type terminals. The outer casing had no markings on the front either, the only reason I know it's a heitel CIO is because the PCB inside has a sticker stating 'CIO' on it.

Is there a way of programming this CIO unit as a standalone device and not linked up to (for example) a camdisk server? I have a few cameras like Bosch Mickeys, 360 Predators, Redvision X's, but none of those have the Alarm Card addition on the PSU, so I'm wondering if the Heitel CIO could be used in place of an alarm card, that way I could have my PIR sensors tell the camera to go to the relevant presets whilst importantly the CIO switches relays.
An example of what I'd be after:-
(System protocol: Pelco-P 9600 Baud)
Sensor Input 1: Camera ID1 to preset 1, switch CIO relay 1 on for 6 seconds
Sensor Input 2: Camera ID1 to preset 2, switch CIO relay 1 on for 6 seconds
Sensor Input 3: Camera ID1 to preset 3, switch CIO relay 1 on for 6 seconds
Sensor Input 4: switch CIO relay 1 on for 6 seconds
Sensor Input 5: switch CIO relay 2 on for 30 seconds
Sensor Input 6: Camera ID1 to preset 6, switch CIO relay 1 on for 6 seconds
Sensor Input 7: Camera ID1 to preset 7, switch CIO relay 1 on for 6 seconds
CIO relay 2 to also be switchable using 'AUX2' momentary switch via DVR
CIO relay 3 to be switchable using 'AUX1' on/off toggle switch via DVR

If the unit can be programmed as such, would this be done through the RS232 port? *AND* what terminals would be used for the DC power input and the various alarm contact inputs or relay outputs? and likewise is there suitable software still available in order to program the unit, as this isn't exactly new tech...?
Thanks.

Edited by Nelboy

17 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

They were a RS232 expansion card for Heitel units. Loads of extra relays and inputs you could map via the Software to channels and presets.

I'm wondering if this is something similar or if it can be used as standalone... whilst there's obviously a PCB it has been within it's own enclosure so doesn't seem to fit the normal convention for an 'expansion' unit, as in slotting into an existing board in the same way a graphics card might do in a PC for example - it's got 3 coloured LED's which poke through the outer enclosure to give a status reading (which wouldn't be necessary if this fitted inside some other unit) but there are 8 relays on the board. The outer enclosure has been knocked about a bit but the actual PCB itself is good....