Security Installer Community

Disable Siren Bell Box

Hi guys I'm having my house pointed and have 2 active wireless bell boxes to remove, the engineer says disconnect the battery but once they are unscrewed from the wall the alarm will go off so I have to lay them on their back and put a decent weight on top as they have a pressure device (anti) tamper) that goes against the wall then I have to put in my 4 digit code and press NO so that's OK for the removal does anyone know how to refit the boxes I suppose it's just fasten them back to the wall and they will start to go off so once secure put in your 4 digit code maybe with YES at the end, me email is REMOVED if anyone can advise further, thanks

Do what you did in reverse and hope it works.

Putting a weight on the back tamper is bound to cause issues. If you have to DIY it that way you should mount them to a scrap sheet of timber back as the were.

Really best option is above, remove, de-commision, have your work done, reinstall, re-commision.

10 hours ago, John Goodfellow said:

Hi guys I'm having my house pointed and have 2 active wireless bell boxes to remove, the engineer says disconnect the battery but once they are unscrewed from the wall the alarm will go off so I have to lay them on their back and put a decent weight on top as they have a pressure device (anti) tamper) that goes against the wall then I have to put in my 4 digit code and press NO so that's OK for the removal does anyone know how to refit the boxes I suppose it's just fasten them back to the wall and they will start to go off so once secure put in your 4 digit code maybe with YES at the end, me email is  anyone can advise further, thanks

As above pay alarm man for two visits although the refit is where you really need him provided you don't mess something up

• Upvote 1

Removing two external sounders diy what could possibly go wrong..... 

Take mr H's advice, or have the pointing done around them if you really cant afford an engineer. It would just save you falling out with your neighbours.

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Removing two external sounders diy what could possibly go wrong..... 

Take mr H's advice, or have the pointing done around them if you really cant afford an engineer. It would just save you falling out with your neighbours.

Well then again there's the faithful hammer if all goes wrong