Security Installer Community

Full home security options

MarkC

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. New here but will be having a good look around as there a few jobs on my list which I'm sure the info here will help with. 

I'm looking for some recommendations, I want to install a basic house alarm and cameras. When I say basic, I'm thinking a couple of door contacts, maybe a passive or two in shed and bike store and two cameras.

The cameras would be located to look down the front drive and the other down the side of the house to look at the back/bike storage.

I'm pretty handy and can set up tech but I'm lost on the best options.

The yale system looks pretty good for the price, but are the cameras ok? Any local storage options etc.

One system/app to do it all would be nice, but it's not needed should a separate camera/alarm system be better?

Running power to the cameras isn't an issue, either mains or ethernet. Currently, I think I'd prefer powered over wireless.

I don't want to be paying monthly storage charges.

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, MarkC said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. New here but will be having a good look around as there a few jobs on my list which I'm sure the info here will help with. 

I'm looking for some recommendations, I want to install a basic house alarm and cameras. When I say basic, I'm thinking a couple of door contacts, maybe a passive or two in shed and bike store and two cameras.

The cameras would be located to look down the front drive and the other down the side of the house to look at the back/bike storage.

I'm pretty handy and can set up tech but I'm lost on the best options.

The yale system looks pretty good for the price, but are the cameras ok? Any local storage options etc.

One system/app to do it all would be nice, but it's not needed should a separate camera/alarm system be better?

Running power to the cameras isn't an issue, either mains or ethernet. Currently, I think I'd prefer powered over wireless.

I don't want to be paying monthly storage charges.

Thanks in advance.

The DIY tat is ****

For the alarm recommend texecom ricochet kit  with a smartcom

Cctv I recommend qvis for Cctv 

50 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

The DIY tat is ****

But smartcon isn't easy for DIY either right?

I appreciate that these systems aren't ideal, but we are looking to sell the house ASAP, but I just want to add a level of security to protect the house and bikes.

I installed a full wired system myself in 2005 in my old property and that is still running. When we get a new property I'll certainly be going down that router again but for now I don't have the time to do a full install and am reluctant to spend a fortune on a house we may be in for 6 months. 

2 hours ago, Imnotshankled said:

The DIY tat is ****

I'll look at that texecom kit, that is what I installed previously, didn't realise they did a wireless kit which is nice as I could take it with me when we sell. 

37 minutes ago, MarkC said:

I'll look at that texecom kit, that is what I installed previously, didn't realise they did a wireless kit which is nice as I could take it with me when we sell. 

Along with the light bulbs and switch's