Security Installer Community

sending signal over IP for remote set up

Hi All.

I have a requirement to set up 3 x external mag contacts on large gates. Each of the compounds is 80 metres apart (in woodland) and will be linked by a dedicated wifi set up back to a base station.

I envisage having a main pannel at the base station. but I'm struggling to find a ip module that I can install at each of the 3 locations and add in the mag contact.

Any help appreciated.

Mag Contact - IP Module - Router - Transmitter - Reciever - Router - Module / Panel

11 minutes ago, Mark Priest said:

Hi All.

I have a requirement to set up 3 x external mag contacts on large gates. Each of the compounds is 80 metres apart (in woodland) and will be linked by a dedicated wifi set up back to a base station.

I envisage having a main pannel at the base station. but I'm struggling to find a ip module that I can install at each of the 3 locations and add in the mag contact.

Any help appreciated.

Mag Contact - IP Module - Router - Transmitter - Reciever - Router - Module / Panel

Out of curiosity you have power at each gate 

Wouldn't ethernet of mains work better ? 

The way the electrics work on site we wouldn't be able do power over ethernet. Each gate is in it's own compound and each has its own supply.

As for using the wireless RF gear. The compounds are in the middle of a densely wooded area and the only way to get a signal between the three compounds is by using a dedicated directional antena. A standard texecom for example contact just wouldn't reach.

This might give you an idea of one of the compounds (think jurassic park!

IMG-5159.thumb.jpg.6d3142c6d58ee87413e3f46a8d9944b1.jpg)

IMG-5158.thumb.jpg.56da34c6546656ede3bce072fd1020ac.jpg

Ricochet isn't just point to point so your better with more devices and possible if you have plenty of them and everything at the final place is within 3 hops.

For long range intruder I have used Scantronic stuff that was good for 1km in the past.

Really I am thinking you just need to get Ethernet to IP access controllers at the doors, so just some directional wifi bridges to each?

• 3 weeks later...