Security Installer Community

G2 44+ PSU fault

Driller

Hello everyone,

Hope you're getting along ok in these difficult times.

I've been getting what seems to me to be an odd PSU fault for the last week (G244 with 2 x powered RIOs).  In the unset state the keypad will randomly go into the alert state with the dreaded beep. On inputing the master code the screen shows the following fault:

AC Fail PSU 103

which I assumed to be the PSU on the second RIO unit (103=3rd PSU after main panel?) but now not so sure.  On opening all 3 panels all would appear to be fine inside with the red LED in the RIO units flashing at the correct rate.  

I installed the main panel back in 2011 which has been flawless and the 2 RIOs early this year and they've both been fine too.

Any ideas from the Galaxy experts here?

Many thanks,

Richard

Edited by Driller

6 minutes ago, Driller said:

Hello everyone,

Hope you're getting along ok in these difficult times.

I've been getting what seems to me to be an odd PSU fault for the last week (G244 with 2 x powered RIOs).  In the unset state the keypad will randomly go into the alert state with the dreaded beep. On inputing the master code the screen shows the following fault:

AC Fail PSU 103

which I assumed to be the PSU on the second RIO unit (103=3rd PSU after main panel?) but now not so sure.  On opening all 3 panels all would appear to be fine inside with the red LED in the RIO units flashing at the correct rate.  

I installed the main panel back in 2011 which has been flawless and the 2 RIOs early this year and they've both been fine too.

Any ideas from the Galaxy experts here?

Many thanks,

Richard

I am definitely not an expert lol

But seen these throw up a fault , how have you wired up the power lines ? From the panel what did you wire to the PSU rio

Just now, MrHappy said:

have you considered buying a dog ?

Have you got a dog?

9 hours ago, Driller said:

Thanks for the suggestions (and Mr Happy's inimitable input ;-)). I'll be able to get a tester on it tomorrow and see what it says. Cheers Nova for the heads up on the cards. 

Possibly C4 / C7

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Just because I know Mr Happy was waiting for this, it's started doing it again intermittently: AC FAIL PSU 103.

Opened the powered RIO panel, couldn't see a problem, tested mains side (good) and got 13V odd on the other side. The ribbon connector on the RIO side was slightly loose so pressed that home (moved maybe a millimeter).

Anyone have any more news about this fault on the newer boards?

I still do not have a dog.

Edited by Driller