Security Installer Community

Ademco Accord 8 Help with tamper

Timmymeads

Hello,

I have a Ademco Accord 8 system and I disconnected keypad about 3 years ago and decided to reconnect it and notice I must have blown a fuse. I replaced the fuse and switched on and now it’s in tamper mode - Buzzing. The issue is I don’t know the code for it as forgotten it. I found a way of resetting back to master reset although as it’s in tamper mode. Will it let me do that and if I don’t enter the current code will it signal the blues and 2s?! Bit of a catch 22 - I’ve just taken out the fuse that I blown to key pad for now. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can reset back to factory settings?

ABEC2554-112D-4DA4-8501-A9DDD7D9EF12.jpeg

Edited by Timmymeads
Picture upload

I think I could guess the code looking at the keypad...

We don't provide defaulting codes or procedures here for security reasons.

I would suggest you isolate all power then power up with a new battery then mains. Then make sure everything is back together and try and guess a few user codes you may have used, hopefully this will silence the tamper and allow a reset.

It is possible this will trigger the external bell if you can't clear the fault so I'd want to have some ladders at the ready incase that goes rogue.

Okay update - So the mains box wasn’t closed properly - Tamper off and system okay..... been into loft and found instructions with a 5 digit number on :) which I would have used... can’t test now as lodger in bed but sensors all working but not alarming!  Gona be happy if this works!

Well, yes it's good to get things fixed, but given the age of this system, it's a bit like me finding a 1992 Astra in the garage with 150k on the clock, and patting myself on the back for

using it as a daily drive.

Basically, if it was me and I had serious intentions of using it (especially if your lodger starts using it) I'd be looking at updating the controls to something with at least a screen other

than a handful of flashing lights so I could see what was going on. Also, even more than ever people ignore a ringing alarm bell if that's the only thing it does if set off. 

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Nope, the system is totally obselete, hence my 1992 Astra reference. No spares, no support, no company, nada

When was the system battery last changed?

Best thing would be to update to a Euro Mini or 9651, or maybe Texe etc...

Texecom type panel will give you cloud and self monitoring.

Also proximity fobs so you don't need to give a code out to lodger.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

No you will be replacing the main box as well as the keypad, programming it from scratch.

It sounds like that could be a job for a pro if you're not sure...

Edited by datadiffusion

Okay so I entered the code followed by a number 1. This is the code I written on the alar instructions paperwork. Nothing happened. It’s showing power and On with the green lights. I wonder if I did reset it when it’s in tamper mode? Thing is I don’t know how I can when the box is open and it’s in tamper when resetting? How do I possible get the new code? Can I somehow get someone to hold down the tamper button why I disconnect battery etc and mains then carry out the reset?

2 minutes ago, Logan said:

Still better than diy alarms 

err... the only ungraded stuff I see is removing optima's

Pyronix, panel's paragon, conquer, & sterlings where proper dogshit,

I aslo once binned a martix ?

Mr? Veritas God

Can I do a master reset by cutting electric/opening the mains box. Make the tamper pressed down with tape (as if the box is shut onnit) then mains on, disconnect x1 battery positive wire. Then mains off. Then mains on again and connect battery then run to panel and hold * & # together . Apparently that puts it in reset? It will then flash up the master number sequence ? Does that sound right?

40 minutes ago, Timmymeads said:

Can I do a master reset by cutting electric/opening the mains box. Make the tamper pressed down with tape (as if the box is shut onnit) then mains on, disconnect x1 battery positive wire. Then mains off.

Apparently that puts it in ready for the bin ? It will then rip off wall by its master ? Does that sound right?

That sounds good , if above is actually what you meant

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Logan I removed a working one of these with lcd keypad ill send it you

Send me the keypad he can have rest 

I going to make keypad kill video and put it on Mr H channel