Security Installer Community

Omnicron 8000 24 HOUR LIGHT On since decorating

Hi guys, 

I've got a omnicron 8000... When I decorated I removed the front face of one of the detectors in the front room and ever since I've had the 24 hour light on constantly. With this I can't set the alarm as it goes to go off everytime I press reset. Please help don't just tell me to bin it lol

37 minutes ago, Frappo1988 said:

Hi guys, 

I've got a omnicron 8000... When I decorated I removed the front face of one of the detectors in the front room and ever since I've had the 24 hour light on constantly. With this I can't set the alarm as it goes to go off everytime I press reset. Please help don't just tell me to bin it lol

Plastics can crack up aswell so be gentle dude , if you break then you can chuck it otherwise feel free to keep lol

9 hours ago, Frappo1988 said:

don't just tell me to bin it

OK, it's a brilliant panel, the best of it's kind even back in the day, has no doubt been scrupulously maintained and is a shining example of how a 30 year old alarm really isn't tat fit for the bin.

Will that do?

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

3 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

OK, it's a brilliant panel, the best of it's kind even back in the day, has no doubt been scrupulously maintained and is a shining example of how a 30 year old alarm really isn't tat fit for the bin.

Will that do?

Therell-be-a-lot-of-nose-touching.jpg

• Like 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

1 hour ago, Logan said:

False my grandmothers frend still has a optimia XL6 installed and works fine. But i do service it

an XL6 won't be 30 yrs old ;)

omnicron & the other a1 panels where very much a diy / sparky new build product

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God