Security Installer Community

ScanTronic 9651 keypad replacement

Cahnufc

Hi,

I have a ScanTronic 9651 installed and all working fine, but the cover flap on the keypad (9941) has broken off and my toddler likes to go and press the buttons!

I’ve had a look through the installation guide, but I’m puzzled on what process I would follow to replace the keypad, avoiding tamper alarms etc.

Can anyone help or is it a case of getting the pro’s in?

thanks

Carl

Hi Carl, you will need to know the engineer number - are you in contact with your original installer or did you install it yourself / inherit the system with a new house?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

41 minutes ago, Cahnufc said:

It’s a new build, so I know who installed it and I _think_ I have the engineer code in the paperwork. 

If you got code then depends on a how confident you are , most of us would do it all live 

It is unlikely the engineer code would be written down - except - when a builder puts it in I suppose.

Once you think you've found it, enter it on the keypad, you *might* have to proceed it with zero, e.g 0 + code (so you're entering 5 digits in total) but try without first.

If it says 'INSTALLER MODE' on the screen, you've got the engineer code!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

It will really vary by area and competence, an SSAIB / NSI installer will quite properly charge in the region of £300 I imagine.

However, if you were to use a non-approved firm (this does not mean they will do a bad job) it could be half that. I would certainly allow for an absolute minimum of £140-150.

But, by changing it to a 9943 keypad you can stop using codes and use plastic fobs, which is a nice upgrade (you don't have to alter anything on the main unit) and you'll never have to open the keypad flap again!

57 minutes ago, Cahnufc said:

Thanks-I’ll give that a try. Just out of interest (and if I’m not that confident ;-) ), what kind of ball park cost should I be looking at to get a pro to replace the keypad?

Local house basher ? £80-£150

Labour

3 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

It will really vary by area and competence, an SSAIB / NSI installer will quite properly charge in the region of £300 I imagine.

Imagine that, I wish I could charge that much LOL, closer to the £150.00 for an NSI Gold here

I would charge the RKP out at £75 plus 2 hours labour (but I would include 4 fobs); more if I need to crash the system (although if you're lucky you can default only the codes).

I expected approved to be much more TBH.

16 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I would charge the RKP out at £75 plus 2 hours labour (but I would include 4 fobs); more if I need to crash the system (although if you're lucky you can default only the codes).

You £99 brigade lot

£59.99 for defaulting

£cost of keypad 

£79.99 for keypad changeover including fobs 

?

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

No just greener, its only a flap broken so why change the whole keypad?

6 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

You've got a supply of spare flaps?

No he means charge them full price regardless , but only for flap and keep new keypad part in a box somewhere 

Thanks everyone. Turns out that the code on the paperwork is the ‘job number’ and not the installer code. 

As everything works perfectly, and it’s just the plastic flap that’s come off, it’s going to be hard to justify £150 so I guess it’s going to have to be something I live with for now. I still have the flap, may see if I can fix the hinge somehow when I get some time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

Then resell used keypad with panel on eBay