Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite 24 Questions

Hi...

you could make this 'idiot proof' by adding a smart key. You would also need a wireless expander, seems overkill but means you can full set, unset and part set from your bedroom meaning you wouldn't need to go downstairs to unset. Other than that unsetting with a prox fob there aren't many other ways to make it easier. 

@sixwheeledbeast - But the alarm is set to auto arm as soon as the fob is scanned, so I don't get a choice to choose part or full as I think it automatically sets it to full arm.  I've tried it after enabling   Part 1 Omit, but it still triggers off.  Also in order to actually arm it once the alarm fob has been scanned, I have to open the front door and then close it.  This is the only time the alarm then fully-arms. 

@al-yeti - LOL!  I only blanked stuff, because I just wasn't sure what was okay to post...sorry

@Danny May - Problem with wireless extender is you have to always leave the internet on, but we turn ours off.

A wireless expander has nothing to do with WiFi. but is an expensive option for what you need.

As an aside there is little point in switching your WiFi off you are possibly stopping equipment in your home from updating etc.

Have you tried it with Auto Part Arm on? If you can't get Auto Part Arm to work you will have to switch off Auto Yes on the fobs to use the part set.

Morning everyone, thank you for your replies.

I have 3 users setup - MASTER USER, MYSELF & WIFE.

Although my missus's fob is auto arm, mine isn't.  I used mine to do the same thing, but it hasn't worked.  I have an idea....Rather than play about with the current users, I suggest that we setup a brand-new user called BED-TIME and then set it up totally dedicated for arming the alarm at night.  Is this possible and if so, can you please guide me?

Thank you.

Thanks sixwheelbeast and al-yeti.  I followed your instructions to the dot.  It still doesn't work.  I've even disabled the auto function on the missus phone to see if this would resolve the issue, but it doesn't.

FYI, when I scan the prox fob, I then choose BED ARM 1.  The alarm is then wanting me to open and close the exit door, so that it assumes the user has walked out of the house.  I do this and once it's armed, as soon as I walk past the Hallway sensor, it triggers off.  I don't even get to the landing.