Security Installer Community

Galaxy 0001 Missing battery

Litch90

1 hour ago, Litch90 said:

Thanks galaxy.. I've contacted OS on eBay. Can't see him sending a replacement though? This was a transaction back in Feb15.. he's just going to claim 'why did you not bring the issue up as soon as you received the panel instead of waiting all this time..' 

Anyway i've been looking at your g2 44's your selling.. Think I'm getting one of those with an LCE module

Send me your pcb and I'll take a look at the charging circuit. The classic with these panels is open circuit of a resistor in the charge circuit, which is a result of incorrect polarity on the battery connection.

1 hour ago, norman said:

Lol, try it, I wouldn't be surprised if eBay sided with you. 

They would automatically, for any reason, without hesitation, but only if it were within 180 days.

After that it will be impossible to open an automatic 'case' but instead encourage you to 'email the seller'.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I guess you are being sarcastic, but remember this isn't just 'faults', anything you state on the 'case' will be taken as red,

so if you don't want something half a year later you literally have to type 'does not work' with nil proof and in the majority of cases, ebay even

print you a free, tracked returns label that's charged directly to the buyer. Good innit?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/11/2016 at 9:57 PM, datadiffusion said:

Well, the usual trick would be buy new, swap pcb only, then sell new box with faulty pcb...

I've had the same issue off ebay sorry if this is old now... purchased two one fine one faulty 

On 7 November 2016 at 10:49 PM, GalaxyGuy said:

Sold about 50 G2's  in the last 12 months to self installers and 5 fitted myself. No fails from those. Previous year only one damaged by customer during install.

The new panels go for around £30 on ebay and despite the scare stories, they are not stolen or old kit, they are new split kits. Just replace the panel pcb. 

All sorted now chaps, removed the 12 and whacked a 44 in there which is overkill for my house.. but it works :rolleyes:

Clearly a faulty G2-12 PCB I bought.