Security Installer Community

How difficult is it to install a Honeywell Galaxy series

kwano888

For a DIY person I have fit a few Accenta G4 for friends and family and few of my properties. But I need more than 8 zones in my next project and the Galaxy looks like it fits the bill. From looking online it looks more complicated ? Any thoughts people...

Nah , for commercial maybe, but residential other panels are moving ahead , honeywell should sell up and end up like Eaton bosch who also don't do jack to develop there products 

9 hours ago, kwano888 said:

Or do I stick with the G4 and just double up on the zones to play it safe. Or is there any other panels which anyone can recommend which is straight forward to fit like the G4.

None of them are straight forward , if your sticking to wired then galaxy may work for you , is it a commercial? Have you looked at texecom?

Euro mini?

2 hours ago, norman said:

Doubling up on zones is never a good idea. 

Indeed, don't do it.

Had a callout the other day where the customer at the time had refused to upgrade from a 9651 to 9751 + expander (in some ways fair enough as it was £££ at the time just to add one zone) so Garage door and Front door were combined

since they also had an RKP in the garage.

You can imagine the headache this caused ten years later (i.e. the other day) when the new owner of the house has issues with an intermittent tamper...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

14 hours ago, al-yeti said:

None of them are straight forward , if your sticking to wired then galaxy may work for you , is it a commercial? Have you looked at texecom?

Euro mini?

It's a 4 bed extended detached house. Actually spoke to Sapphire Alarms today and he suggested a premier elite 24. 

8 hours ago, kwano888 said:

It's a 4 bed extended detached house. Actually spoke to Sapphire Alarms today and he suggested a premier elite 24. 

Me too,  installed loads of them. Texecom every time. Defaults as a monitored system though, so you'll have to re-program as bells only, Jim