Security Installer Community

How difficult is it to install a Honeywell Galaxy series

kwano888

By the keypad, yes, this is true - and I argue the Gal ain't exactly intuitive!

There are 2 systems I have installed that I'd never contemplate via the RKP alone, thats Premier and SPC (tbf with the SPC a lot is not even available via the RKP)

The i-On I'd hate to do via RKP but the 'mobile phone' style structure makes it just about palatable...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

9 hours ago, Simlec said:

A Galaxy G2 is ten times easier to program than a Tex prem 24!

go with a Pyronix euro mini/46 or the Galaxy G2 12/20.

Accenta to a premier elite is a very big step.

Funnily enough I was in my local Enterprise Security branch today buying some 8 core cable and spoke to an installer there whilst waiting to be served. He suggested the Castle panel (now Pyronix) pointing to a wireless system on display and said they were pretty easy to fit for a DIY person. I got a price for a wired version and picked up a brochure... now for some research !

Fantastic panels & probably the best looking keypad, I'm fitting another tomorrow morning.

if your budget can stretch go for the Euro App 46 and then add the wifi card to use your smartphone to control it (I take it your only fitting a bells only).

If your going to use there PIR detectors (wired) then switch off the blue led as they are to bright for domestic.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Simlec said:

Fantastic panels & probably the best looking keypad, I'm fitting another tomorrow morning.

if your budget can stretch go for the Euro App 46 and then add the wifi card to use your smartphone to control it (I take it your only fitting a bells only).

If your going to use there PIR detectors (wired) then switch off the blue led as they are to bright for domestic.

Thanks for the recommendation Simlec. Been browsing on Youtube and they look the business.

4 minutes ago, Simlec said:

Sorry forgot you can't use wifi with App46 yet (officially:rolleyes:) you need lan or the gprs card.

Good shout, might be able to hook up to LAN as also wiring up his IP cameras so can bear that in mind. How much are the LAN cards ?