Security Installer Community

hikvision dvr, ivms-4500 motion detection alarm problem

andy8519

80 8000 and 554

set your dvr to a static ip on the local network, preferable either outside the dhcp scope, or if you dont know dhcp lease pool .200 is a good bet. Set gateway and dns adrress on dvr to point to your routers local ip usually something like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254

set up incoming portforwarding on tcp ports 80 8000 and 554 to point to the local address tou gave the dvr.

go to the dvr network settings and enable hiddns and give it a unique name something like gloryholewebcam123Ā 

in ivms on your phone delete the existing device and add a new one but this time select register mode hiddns and domain name is what you called the dvrs hiddns name

you might run into problems if another device like your routers remote admin page is also trying to host on port 80 but that wont cause an issue with the phone or tablet app just remote pc access.

Btw gloryholewebcam1-150 is already taken by norm, i've reserved 150-300.

Ā 

when you set up portforwarding properly you should notice it is a lot faster to connect as well, and cameras will be listed by name if you have named them in osd settings

Edited by petrolhead
  • Upvote 1

UPDATE..... I cannot do this port forwarding,Ā I've tied and tried, watched videos on youtube received help off you guys and spent endless hours researching, I just cannot get my head around it! I've now got a static IP address but its as much use to me as a medium rare fillet steak is to a vegetarian!

If anybody would like to guide me through setting this up step by step I'm happy to pay you for your time! its very very close to hammer time for this dvr, its becoming the blight of my life.

Ā