Security Installer Community

Small Bridal Shop Alarm and CCTV DIY Options?

If you are happy with the quote and the company installing the systems, then go for it. People on here are just giving you their professional opinion that the quote is cheap, they're not trying to poach the work. Me personally I'd go for a wired alarm if it can be cabled and by the sound of it, it can.

So to sum if you're happy with the quote, the equipment and the install company then give them the order to do the job. But make sure his price includes a warranty.

janddsecurity@live.co.uk

reaches for calculator...

10 hours ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

I know all that, we do it in my line of work... Council maintenance 

Our hourly rate for electricians is £35.75

Even if you used that rate of £35.75 that gives it as no more than 7hrs of labour assuming £250 labour

15 hours ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

Intruder Alarm

·         1x Visonic Powermax Alarm System (Panel with built in Key Pad, Sounder & Dialler)

·         1x Wireless Door Contact

·         2x Wireless PIR Sensors

·         1x Wireless External Bell Box

·         2x Remote Key Fobs

·         1x SSAIB Certificate

Total Cost £380.00 plus VAT – fully installed with a 12 month warranty. 

Kit from ADI £216.00 x10% & 4hrs x £35.75 = £380.60+vat (456.72inc)

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

2 hours ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

The DVR & Cameras are Dahua, Monitor brand may vary depending on what the suppliers have in stock.

Wired Alarm Option

·         1x Castle Euro 46sm Panel with built in text alert facility

·         1x Door Contact

·         2x Pyronix PIR’s

·         1x Panel Battery

·         1x Pyronix Delta Bell Plus External Bell Box (Illuminated)

·         2x Prox Tags

·         1x SSAIB Certificate

Cost £535.00 plus VAT

Optional speech dialer (if you want the alarm to ring not text) additional £ 125.00 plus VAT

Monitoring Options

URN Cost £43.49 plus VAT (one off cost to South Wales Police

Digi Monitoring (Phoneline only) £150.00 plus VAT per annum and includes 1 Service Visit

Or

Dual Com Monitoring (Phoneline & GSM) £300.00 plus VAT per annum and includes 2 Service Visits

The above looks good to me.

As for monitoring although double the price i would advise Dualcom as if your phone line is cut then the digi will not report. You could ask him about the digiair communication that mimics the phone line and is cheaper.

Digiair is perfect for reluctant customers, although Webway Nano does the same job, or at least it does now with the Nano2

I cannot imagine in a million years why anyone would install a new digi PSTN in 2016.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

3 hours ago, Wynter Isabelle said:

I just find people are slating the installer based solely on low price. His overheads may be a lot less than anyone else who can pass the savings on to the end user. Who knows? 

As for monitoring, any preferred option? 

I wouldn't say slating him 

just saying it's cheap and in their experience cheap means, the job gets thrown in.

I say again if you're happy then go for it, no one can tell you whether to use him or not, unless they personally have come across his work before.

• Upvote 1

janddsecurity@live.co.uk

As above. Nothing other than the fact I have lower overheads (probably) since I'm not approved, but similar comparison costs due to geography & have every other expense of a small SSAIB co. other than perhaps staff / PT admin.

And thus far I suspect that unless the job was pre-cabled I probably couldn't do a neat job for that money and make a living.

I guess that others are thinking the same thing.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

What people charge is a good indicator of how good they are likely to be. If you are in high demand you can afford to charge more, if you are desperate for work then you will cut the price to the bone to get the job. Rarely will you find a good trades person thats not busy, we charge much more than our local competition but I cant remember the last time we didnt have a full diary for at least a month. Yet our competition are advertising £299..00 fully installed junk again and their vans are parked outside their shop every time I drive past 

29 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Yet our competition are advertising £299..00 fully installed junk again and their vans are parked outside their shop every time I drive past   

They got the Pox ?

Edited by MrHappy

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God