Security Installer Community

Have been a naughty boy

abbz

1 minute ago, abbz said:

Last time I got hit for speeding I got a letter with time and date and a ref number to view pictures online 

wow modern policing lets hope the tech is rolled out to other more serious crimes....

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I just showed the photo to my wife, She works for a large company with over 700 company cars on her books, and she don't recall a speeding letter looking like this and she has just had her very own, They send a letter first to the registared keeped who has a duty to reply with the drivers detail's ( keeper might be a company or private who is named on the log book V5)  then once the driver is established he or she then gets further details of there major crime :-

There should be a covering letter from the force who caught you doing this huge crime,

Once they know who the driver is he maybe offered to do a speed awareness course to avoid points and thats about 100 pounds,

As others have said you have to reply in the time limit.

21 hours ago, abbz said:

That was the covering letter with it 

image.jpeg

Showed my other half and she dont recall seeing one like this and said to ring the police force for the area you got caught in before sending info accross.

It doesn't look like any NIP I have seen either. It is an offence to not provide information if you are issued with an NIP S173

If it's a company vehicle it is not your responsibility, until you receive an NIP in your name/address.

Was it definitely you, plates can be sloten/copied. If your not sure you can request photographic evidence to confirm it was your car/you.

Pepipoo is a good place to look for help.