Security Installer Community

Panel Swap - Classic 500 To Dimension 520C

dwdave

I have swapped out my panel for the new dimension and I'm working my way through the programming etc - slowly ... 

I've got a couple of problems that I would appreciate some help with.

Its a new panel - possibly destined for an ADT install as the banner is preset with ADT etc.

I cant seem to escape engineer mode as I have two line faults I cant clear or disable.

Line Fail (1) is the fault and I think Line Fail (4) is the other one.

Also (on my classic it used to say something like Manager Reset Required) now its saying "Call Alarm Co. Quote Code xxxxx".

'till the next question ...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant seem to escape engineer mode as I have two line faults I cant clear or disable.

Line Fail (1) is the fault and I think Line Fail (4) is the other one.

Also (on my classic it used to say something like Manager Reset Required) now its saying "Call Alarm Co. Quote Code xxxxx".

I think you might need to get hold of a manual as the 520 is a different panel than a classic, and if you cant clear the above which is simple programming then you wont get very far as thats very basic.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Only reason I say that is because the banner is preset to ADT

I have all the manuals - just getting to grips with the differences.

Mostly using RSS for the setup - but via the ext rs232 as i cant get the ethernet connected yet.

Where did you buy it from Dave, there may be a few numbers on the board which the site experts could use to determine it's age etc. I had a line fail problem on a Abacus not so long back solved it by linking up to the telephone system. It looks like a unit that has been removed from a property if this is anything to go by:-

"...Also (on my classic it used to say something like Manager Reset Required) now its saying "Call Alarm Co. Quote Code xxxxx....".

So, it's obviously an ADT panel..we don't know it's age..Don't know where it was bought..Don't know if it's stolen and so on.

Well done though for diving in at the deep end with ethernet, iro's and so on using a panel which often dumbfounds the common or garden installer.

Give us some history... Have you bench tested the panel (usually the first job), where it's bought from etc...

True , there is the odd one used , most marked new when they pop up

They got more things to worry about than all that equipment on eBay

As above they do investigate and will prosecute if evidence is there, in any case it's passed to the police.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

The panel is labelled "new" and was from ebay but it was not sold or suggested that  it was an ADT panel.

I do like the deep end charlie - Im known for doing things that arent exactly the easy way or for making things more difficult so that I can learn in the process.

I wouldnt know how to bench test a panel - specifically - what you would check? There is a good chance I have checked something without knowing it!

According to RSS, the panel is V6.84 if that helps with its age ?

Edited by dwdave

Mostly using RSS for the setup - but via the ext rs232 as i cant get the ethernet connected yet.

ADT have their own firmware, on some 144 and 520s the spi key didnt work and other options where disabled, if you have an old ethernet module the firmware in the panel might not support it as its to old.

True , there is the odd one used , most marked new when they pop up

They got more things to worry about than all that equipment on eBay

ADT manchester have an office looking through Ebay and social media

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

According to RSS, the panel is V6.84 if that helps with its age ?

Latest then. you might have to update your ethermet firmware

To unlock the panel and get all the features then panel needs the firmware flashing to a none ADT firmware

"..no they do trace it and prosecute.." So it can be traced then and logically one would assume through a number on the pcb (post 10 above)

They dont need a number from the panel, the fact that it has ADT set as the banner text by default proves its theirs.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

Dave, it it's new, as suggested, then it carries a guarantee. as far as description is concerned you have a case on ebay because the item wasn't as described..if ever you need to use it. Why not send it back and go to one of the wholesalers for 'the real thing' ?