Security Installer Community

Panel Swap - Classic 500 To Dimension 520C

dwdave

Mostly using RSS for the setup - but via the ext rs232 as i cant get the ethernet connected yet.

ADT have their own firmware, on some 144 and 520s the spi key didnt work and other options where disabled, if you have an old ethernet module the firmware in the panel might not support it as its to old.

True , there is the odd one used , most marked new when they pop up

They got more things to worry about than all that equipment on eBay

ADT manchester have an office looking through Ebay and social media

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to RSS, the panel is V6.84 if that helps with its age ?

Latest then. you might have to update your ethermet firmware

To unlock the panel and get all the features then panel needs the firmware flashing to a none ADT firmware

"..no they do trace it and prosecute.." So it can be traced then and logically one would assume through a number on the pcb (post 10 above)

They dont need a number from the panel, the fact that it has ADT set as the banner text by default proves its theirs.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Dave, it it's new, as suggested, then it carries a guarantee. as far as description is concerned you have a case on ebay because the item wasn't as described..if ever you need to use it. Why not send it back and go to one of the wholesalers for 'the real thing' ?

Dave, it it's new, as suggested, then it carries a guarantee. as far as description is concerned you have a case on ebay because the item wasn't as described..if ever you need to use it. Why not send it back and go to one of the wholesalers for 'the real thing' ?

QFA

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk