Security Installer Community

Honeywell Replacement

PSE

I can grab the Elite's off the shelf tomorrow.

It's just that there were earlier comments regarding FA issues ?

I might grab a couple tomorrow and give them a whirl.

So far so good. They are on trial though

Look nice and the pirs / dt look similar which is a bonus

Thanks Simlec, I accept it but that sounds a bit obvious to me. Surely with all the tecnical innovation about, a pir shouldn't false alarm if it's positioned correctly.

Nah man some pir false alarm for all kinds of reasons , some cheapy ones can do so with interference , poor installation ie plastics bent seen all sorts

But I never had a problem with Honeywell pirs dualtec or standard

Enterprise couldn't get hold of enough of our usual Gardall DT15+ For a job recently so we used the new Honeywell DT what ever it's called.

What a load of cr@p, just tried to order another 25 Gardall DT from enterprise and was told we had a 2 week wait???

Norbain had 115 in stock so we ordered the lot.

Have a look at the Siemens eline or Optex. Sia uses the spine now for everything. I understand Mr h point of using 7550 in factory etc but we don't use them for everything now apart from kings range

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

With the e-line, how are your installers getting on with putting the detector upto the ceiling with that screw cover needing to lift up? I had a look at video and what eol board do they come with?

I use Tex and not had any problems.

I like the Bosch but they don't come with eol.

With the e-line, how are your installers getting on with putting the detector upto the ceiling with that screw cover needing to lift up? I had a look at video and what eol board do they come with?

I use Tex and not had any problems.

I like the Bosch but they don't come with eol.

The supplied eol board is this one https://uk.spiap.com/products/intrusion/detecteurs_mouvements_lentille/carte_fin_de_ligne/aope01.html

SW can (I think) supply the other one, a PE02 for not much more but thats only needed for Aritech in terms of 'common' UK panels AFAIK.

As for the screw, I've been fitting the IR200 for years and you'd be surprised how small a gap you really need, its never been a technical or aesthetic issue, and it's actually less than you'd have the leave on the ir120, because despite the 'catflap' screw cover, the e-line is far less chunky at the too so wont foul the ceiling as it hinges into place.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 3 weeks later...