Security Installer Community

Number Of New Installs Per Month?

Surely the "hassle" has been reduced from installation (if opting for wireless panels)?

Also, with built-in or add-on IP modules a lot of the teething problems can be resolved remotely from a laptop?

Crack on....

Yes but why do 20 domestic jobs with all the hassle for the same profit as one job on a commercial site with very little hassle.

Work smart not hard.

I hear you, and that makes perfect sense if everything was equal, but surely it's much harder to get commercial work Vs domestic?

Surely the "hassle" has been reduced from installation (if opting for wireless panels)?

Also, with built-in or add-on IP modules a lot of the teething problems can be resolved remotely from a laptop?

Tell us one manufacture that has got it right?

One of the main reasons to shy away from domestics is the home owner, does not matter how good an installer you are.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

It is indeed amazing how relaxed commercial work is in every aspect...

Usually plenty of room to park (unless city centre, granted)

Usually plenty of room for your kit

Put a scratch on a desk its probably worth £20 and the person who's sat on it doesn't give a f**k and laughs it off

Plenty of room to shift ***** out the way

Loft not full of old tut

Don't usually care about trunking, mostly happy you're actually using it 'unlike the network guys we just had in'

You can have a **** in the toilet without embarassment

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

It is indeed amazing how relaxed commercial work is in every aspect...

Usually plenty of room to park (unless city centre, granted)

Usually plenty of room for your kit

Put a scratch on a desk its probably worth £20 and the person who's sat on it doesn't give a f**k and laughs it off

Plenty of room to shift ***** out the way

Loft not full of old tut

Don't usually care about trunking, mostly happy you're actually using it 'unlike the network guys we just had in'

You can have a **** in the toilet without embarassment

Haha, some very good points. Especially the last!

Schools are good jobs and we never get any sh!t form them just purchase orders:)

I have so many schools now they are becoming a problem, every half term they all want stuff done, more cameras, new access controlled doors, new intruder alarm panels, automated gates ect ect ect. The problem with this is engineers with kids want time off during half term, and subbies are the same.

I agree with your comments though Andrew spot on for paying and they never argue or fk around so long as you look after them.

I have so many schools now they are becoming a problem, every half term they all want stuff done, more cameras, new access controlled doors, new intruder alarm panels, automated gates ect ect ect. The problem with this is engineers with kids want time off during half term, and subbies are the same.

I agree with your comments though Andrew spot on for paying and they never argue or fk around so long as you look after them.

Just do them on a weekend then,thats what I do