Security Installer Community

Veritas Excel New Install - Eol Question

Mark02

One diagram is taken from manual the other is one of my one artistic pieces :fear:

No zone types, just the S/C and O/C shown in one of the earlier posts.

Look, No matter what panel I would have purchased somebody somewhere would have said I should have got something else.

I can get the resistors I have into the contacts and Pir's I have. I just really need to knows how to connect them :wacko:  :rolleyes:

Shouldn't need to link out unused zones, program them out.

EOL resistor inline with the loop and shunt resistor across the reed.

If you read through manual, page 13 quotes the following. Other info below that if that helps.

If EOL operation is selected and a zone is not

required then the zone link should be replaced with

a 10K resistor (supplied).

EOL Loop Threshold

Low (closed) Resistance - 10kΩ, 1%

High (open) Resistance - 33kΩ, 1% (or 10kΩ+22kΩ

The panel can distinguish up to four possible states; low

resistance (10kΩ) is interpreted as zone clear, high

resistance (33kΩ) is interpreted as zone in fault. Short

circuit may optionally be interpreted as tampering or zone

clear. Open circuit may optionally be interpreted as

tampering or zone in fault.

Mark, the above is correct you 'can' loop it out with a resistor or program the input as not used. sixwheelbeast knows the better texecom stuff backwards. I would trust his info

Hi James

Not doubting anyone. Just trying to absorb info. I'm not an alarm engineer by a long shot and have never heard of EOL. I like to learn things and have a go myself hence I do lots of questions, reading etc before I play with things and do more damage than good. I will never make a living out of this (can you tell) :-

I did the same when I first put stair carpet down in my house. Done all the rooms but didn't have a clue where to start going down the steps LOL

I have just found this image on another forum and it's specific to the Excel unit I have. It shows 2 x contacts where as I am only doing one at a time. Looking at this it makes sense I think with an EOL resistor and a shunt resistor. I presume I need to follow the right hand side contact in this image including the fitting of the 10k inline. If this is right can I connect the 10k under the left screw or does it go externally to the contact block ?

Edited to include image :banghead:

mags2.jpg

Edited by Mark02

My best advice to you would be to put it all on the table, program it as one zone, and have a play.

Whilst you're right that there is a lot of advice out there, the one benefit from almost ANY other panel on the market

(including Texecom Premier) has more 'normal' EOL values and most door contacts can be purchased with a selection

of these resistors built in. It makes life SO much easier!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

eol is just about values

forget the above image for a moment and follow the circuit.

if the circuit is closed (ie door shut) then the circuit resistance should be 10k. When the circuit is open (ie door open) then the current flow has to go through the alarm resistor (in this case 22k) so 32k is measured.

Id say 99% of excel installs are done double pole not eol. Eol is a feature of higher end gear and the excel imho isnt

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

So going by your replies am I just better off using global tamper (after all that) :cry:

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your help and advice. It's a self fit home alarm after all and as long as it makes a lot of noise then that's good by me. Is anyone in the area I live going to be clever enough to break in and disable the alarm (and get past the dog) ? I very much doubt it but it's a new install and I may as well install it as best as I can so it's effective. I intend to (at a later date) purchase and install a text/speech dialler, panic button outside the  bedrooms (mainly if kids are at home alone) and possibly look at linking smoke/heat detectors (to save me keep changing the batteries in my £10 B&Q jobbies I currently have).