Security Installer Community

[Split] Pe On Patresses (From 'additional Code Required')

sixwheeledbeast

Long time since toddlers were in my house :)

The presumption was that whoever wired my house did it properly an safely. Killing the power would have meant shutting down my servers and that's a pain. I simply saw no danger in loosening a socket for the decorator. How wrong.

If one of your engineers did the same and got a belt and took some time off would you be saying the same or would you be covering your ample **** by disciplining them for not following loto?

You are always on here saying this that and the other are not following best practice what suddenly bade you think burnleys finest donkey sparks suddenly started excelling when they did your house?

Edited by petrolhead

I think you'll find your replies somewhat contradictory and still making assumptions.

Partition/studded wall?

Back box tight or loose?  Irrelevant due to fixings

Rawlplugs? you say it is irrelevant due to wall not being conductive - yet you said earlier, "...if the socket was screwed to the wall the metal box would of been earthed."

I think we have a terminology problem between us, I can't be asked and give up. You win.

Trade Member