Security Installer Community

Self Crimp Balun

timmo66

Anybody seen/used a crimp down balun? Master balun make one, whether or not they are the only ones I dont know.

Personally I think its a very good idea, especially if it reduces the risk of the cat5 core snapping under a screw terminal. Not sure about time saving though if the balun costs more in the first place.

Lol Videcon tried to sell them to me at £5.50 each, when I told them to FO as I pay £1.50 for a standard balun the dropped the price to £2.00

Wait so they dropped it from 5.50 to 2.00??

CCTV Distributor of AcuraPRO and Samsung CCTV Equipment -

Trade Customers: www.acurasystemsdirect.com

http://www.videcon.co.uk/product_details.php?StockID=1572

Can't see much strain relief going on?

I like it too, but can see how lack of strain relief would be an issue on Cat5.

With normal baluns we turn the cable back over and tape to the balun.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

These are good - http://cpc.farnell.com/wago/51257303/enclosure-junction-wagobox-light/dp/CN17118

Cheap at £1.40 max

Rubber cable strain, tool-less

Straight through cable path on this 'lighting' model unlike the standard wagobox

If not sat on ceiling void can be fixed via a 'button' (about 7p each) so no drilling though the box and box
can be removed and replaced to play around with.

Space for power lead crimps too.

Not as cheap as tape though!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You've lost me a bit?

I do that too at the DVR end, but assume at the camera end, assuming its your typical dome, you have a 0.5m-ish Y lead that branches into BNC and power?

So within the wago box you connect 1 pair of the CAT5 to balun and the other to the power?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived