Security Installer Community

Self Crimp Balun

timmo66

"makes installation simple"

So, hands up those amongst us who carry a punch down tool with them along with their trusty side cutters and termy?

correct me if I am wrong, but I think snapping the cover shut terminates the cable?

Agree with others about strain relief, unless the little flap over the cable at the entry of the balun does anything. I too fold the cores back over and tape to the balun, but tape doesnt last very long in warm environments and always looks abit mickey mouse hanging out the back of a dvr.

correct me if I am wrong, but I think snapping the cover shut terminates the cable?

Agree with others about strain relief, unless the little flap over the cable at the entry of the balun does anything. I too fold the cores back over and tape to the balun, but tape doesnt last very long in warm environments and always looks abit mickey mouse hanging out the back of a dvr.

If that's the case then fair enough, but i wouldn't trust it. I do like the idea mind.

I have ripped out lots of old sky wiring of late and they seem to use a 'snap shut' adaptor.

To my amazement its actually well made and very useful for temporary connections.

Looks like this works on the same principle.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if i sound dumb but whats the score with rj45 baluns?

ive got some here used them indoors close to the dvr testing a new camera.

how many pairs do they use if your using a pre-built patch cables?

there not for hdsdi over cat5 are they ie using all 4 pairs for 1 camera :shy:

Archived