Security Installer Community

Vehicle Weapon Of Choice

JaysonKandiah

We had the clutch go in our connect a few months ago, not to bad considering it had done 120k miles.New the feckin Astra van... All I seem to do is chuck ££££ at it.

Aye about the same mileage on ours. Atleast it wasn't the belts at70k like the mondeos used to be

We had the clutch go in our connect a few months ago, not to bad considering it had done 120k miles.

New the feckin Astra van... All I seem to do is chuck ££££ at it.

we're leasing the vans from new and includes all maint & tyres.  it's nice to know we're never going to have a bill for vehicles as historically they've been a drain on cash..  the racks came in at £530 + VAT for both vans.  

part numbers are:

Roller Bar - KB2D-B22-R

2 Bar Roof System - RAS21-R

Clamps - RAS21-R

Ladder stow - RAS36-R

Cheapest place I found was TradestoreDirect.com

Clamps - RAS21-R

What are these like after a couple of years, any slacking off or does the lock corrode easily (it looks exposed)?

And are they keyed alike?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

What are these like after a couple of years, any slacking off or does the lock corrode easily (it looks exposed)?  Only had for around 5 months but they seem to still clamp OK and we do a lot of miles so I guess it gets a battering..

And are they keyed alike? I'm obviously too trusting as I don't lock them so no idea..

Could you not just face the lock rearward to help the driving water, and is the whole lock stainless or just the front plate? I would have the same reservations about the slackening off, but I thought these must be adjustable?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I have a caddy maxi with the side door behind drive racked out for all tools. 6 and 8 tread steps in rear. 10 treads on roof and 3m combi ladders on roof along with rhino tube. Plus spare and all its for install. Not as tidy or nice looking as the ADT van in the other post.

Could you not just face the lock rearward to help the driving water, and is the whole lock stainless or just the front plate? I would have the same reservations about the slackening off, but I thought these must be adjustable?

There is a picture on the unit, lock and hook must face same way as on picture.... but lock is rear facing.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived