Security Installer Community

Something Cool

Of course!

I can understand the situation is unusual. Tbh if you'd have asked me prior to me getting to know Matthew would we agree to what we have no ****ing chance would have been the answer. I see a lot of me in him. He's only around 20/21 and I started playing with alarms from b&q when I was at school and taking stuff to bits and it sparked an interest in the profession. I hope one day he comes into it as with the right experience I think he would make a super engineer and progress on from that.

Does he like a cigarette afterwards?

Back on topic I did this in my old house using a relay switched the hall lights on and off, helps the keyholder in the dark scares the burglar (Lights come on when the alarm activates any burglar will think there is someone in and on his way downstairs) My lights in this house have wireless controls using lightwave and the panel outputs are wired into a remote control that switches lights on and off for courtesy full and part sets (Lighting hall or landing) and alarm.

Cheap to do too for a single light buy the wireless light switch on ebay £25.00 and a remote for a tenner. Bit of soldering and programing of outputs job done no relays no cableing to light switch's easy.

Archived