Security Installer Community

Something Cool

he gets a semi with lights going out,I don't need to know anymore....

He'd do your head in. We changed 6 panels all to ATS and he shadowed the engineers all 6 weeks they were there doing it. Apart from the 10 million questions he was a massive help as knew where every zone, expander, PSU in the entire place was as no documents on site. All the on site staff go to him for help rather than us and has turned out a dream customer. The Chubb engineer always told him to do one and whenever the panel was open would close it up and say nothing to see here.

I must confess originally when the engineers mentioned that this guy knew as much as they did and he had a 'couple' of questions I wondered what we had got ourself into but I've become good friends with Matthew and he acts as the buffer between the school staff and us and it has worked well for us. Has galaxy's TS, ATS rigged up in his shed at home. He's an alarm fanatic.

ah, makes sense now

Thanks for recommending he should use a cheaper alarm company!

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

He'd do your head in. We changed 6 panels all to ATS and he shadowed the engineers all 6 weeks they were there doing it. Apart from the 10 million questions he was a massive help as knew where every zone, expander, PSU in the entire place was as no documents on site. All the on site staff go to him for help rather than us and has turned out a dream customer. The Chubb engineer always told him to do one and whenever the panel was open would close it up and say nothing to see here.

I must confess originally when the engineers mentioned that this guy knew as much as they did and he had a 'couple' of questions I wondered what we had got ourself into but I've become good friends with Matthew and he acts as the buffer between the school staff and us and it has worked well for us. Has galaxy's TS, ATS rigged up in his shed at home. He's an alarm fanatic.

he sounds a canny kid,but when I'm working I hate to be shadowed...

I can understand that and the 2 engineers that work on the site are ones that don't mind. We are doing a job week after next and I'm sending Allen from up here which isn't ideal as they are in the SE but it would be unfair to send an engineer having a growth attached to them without they were happy with it. We normally get calls from customers with the most sparse of information but Matthew logs directly into our platform with a job and will put fuse 2 in DGP 8 has failed which is located at the staff entrance and a 2a slow blow fuse is required according to page 16 of the engineers manual.

Takes some getting used to but I like it because try don't waste our time. Has access to Titan, command centre, MAS the lot.

I can understand that and the 2 engineers that work on the site are ones that don't mind. We are doing a job week after next and I'm sending Allen from up here which isn't ideal as they are in the SE but it would be unfair to send an engineer having a growth attached to them without they were happy with it. We normally get calls from customers with the most sparse of information but Matthew logs directly into our platform with a job and will out fuse 2 in DGP 8 has failed which is located at the staff entrance and a 2a slow blow fuse is required according to page 16 of the engineers manual.

Takes some getting used to but I like it because try don't waste our time. Has access to Titan, command centre, MAS the lot.

I'm getting the feeling,which I hope I'm wrong,he might fix this alarm when it goes wrong as its quite a distance for you to send someone..that's either mad or genius I'm not sure which...

Thanks for recommending he should use a cheaper alarm company!

i was only meaning its fairer to charge for what you do for each client rather than give freebies away to some based on higher overall charges.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

He has engineers local but they are the wrong personality to deal with him. They'd be like the Chubb guy. The nearest engineer to him that is ok with the unusual end user education is in reading. One of the reasons it was all changed to ATS was a) because it's the best panel in the world and b) it's reliable. We don't really have any in service issues with the intruder and it's all on engineer reset so any tampering would flash up. Fire is tampered an CCTV has password protection. If there wasn't a regulatory reason why not tbh (awaits abuse) I wouldn't mind the end user in this case swapping a pir/contact. Seems a bit if waste when we go and do it but its a acpo complaint system so its a short discussion.

He has engineers local but they are the wrong personality to deal with him. They'd be like the Chubb guy. The nearest engineer to him that is ok with the unusual end user education is in reading. One of the reasons it was all changed to ATS was a) because it's the best panel in the world and b) it's reliable. We don't really have any in service issues with the intruder and it's all on engineer reset so any tampering would flash up. Fire is tampered an CCTV has password protection. If there wasn't a regulatory reason why not tbh (awaits advise) I wouldn't mind the end user in this case swapping a pir/contact. Seems a bit if waste when we go and do it but its a acpo complaint system so its a short discussion.

so he's got the eng code then..hence the freebies..

i was only meaning its fairer to charge for what you do for each client rather than give freebies away to some based on higher overall charges.

With Matthews knowledge I don't know why (apart from they couldn't get a urn) they don't do the alarms in house and just buy monitoring or a speech dialler. It confused me beyond belief bit he has also has been our best salesman as he knows what the kit can do, what the rules are and the buyers listen to him as he's one if their crew. The job we are doing week after next the cable runs had been measured for us, sparks arrange for spurs, how many cameras, where the new fire stuff is going and the nearest loop points. A real big help tbh. If he ever leaves we will get inundated with support questions.

Nope nor the manager one. He can see the engineers programming in Titan but can't edit it. Same with command centre and MAS although he can edit certain things in MAS such as keyholders and zone descriptors

They have spent mega bucks with us over the last year and have just given us an order for a decent amount so as ATS has an onboard clean contact relay built in, if they want a pair of wires to drive some lights then tbh I'm bit fussed over an hours work. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all . . .

With Matthews knowledge I don't know why (apart from they couldn't get a urn) they don't do the alarms in house and just buy monitoring or a speech dialler. It confused me beyond belief bit he has also has been our best salesman as he knows what the kit can do, what the rules are and the buyers listen to him as he's one if their crew. The job we are doing week after next the cable runs had been measured for us, sparks arrange for spurs, how many cameras, where the new fire stuff is going and the nearest loop points. A real big help tbh. If he ever leaves we will get inundated with support questions.

Nope nor the manager one. He can see the engineers programming in Titan but can't edit it. Same with command centre and MAS although he can edit certain things in MAS such as keyholders and zone descriptors

They have spent mega bucks with is over the last year and have just given us an order for a decent amount so as ATS has an onboard clean contact relay built in, if they want a pair of wires to drive some lights then tbh I'm bit fussed over an hours work. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all . . .

I was referring to the panels and kit mini me has in his shed...

Archived