Security Installer Community

Something Cool

Oh yes absolutely. We've sent many an old module for him to play with and helped out with his learning of them which reminds me I had a door guard to send to him.

Maybe a discussion for trade but I know traditionally the end user has known little about what we do and that's probably suited but in this case I've enjoyed having a big customer have a very honest relationship with us. They know the gear, they know where to buy it, they know roughly what is costs via SW and understand how the system works but despite this still have us as the alarm co and escalate issues to us that need engineer involvement rather than user issues. Given a choice I wish all clients were like them so we didn't get involved in silly things and only dealt with proper engineering things. Somehow think not likely and that Matthew is one in a million. That said it wouldn't be scalable as he is lucky that in effect he has 2 engineers direct contact and a path to me. This is not scalable and also it would be embarrassing as he is brighter than some of our staff and that would e a big issue if those guys worked on that site.

Seen as he had so many alarm panels in the shed, be interesting if someone broke in. It would be an orchestra of alarms from the past 2 decades.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

loose lips sink ships ......

I'd agree with you normally but in this case (and it might be an isolated case) Matthews knowledge of rules and identified non compliances to his bosses with old alarm co has got me £90k of work in less than a year.

Of course!

I can understand the situation is unusual. Tbh if you'd have asked me prior to me getting to know Matthew would we agree to what we have no ****ing chance would have been the answer. I see a lot of me in him. He's only around 20/21 and I started playing with alarms from b&q when I was at school and taking stuff to bits and it sparked an interest in the profession. I hope one day he comes into it as with the right experience I think he would make a super engineer and progress on from that.

Archived