Security Installer Community

Going Self Employed

paul44

Yeah definitely did well.

To be honest I know half my problem is setting up in a new town etc... and having no contacts.

But could also eventually be a blessing as no-one is 'off limits'.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thing is pay s**t wages get s*t engineers.

A lot of these firms want you to do intruder, fire, access, and cctv for that price too.

I'd imagine that there are few on here that pay that kind of money mate. You may of ruffled a few feathers. :)

In year one we made a profit and I got paid around the same as I did while on a grade 5 at ADT.

Since then it's got better but boy have I had to put the hours in to get where we are now.

Looking back would I go through it again, probably not. But it has allowed me to have some fantastic holidays away with the kids, infact I have just booked 3 weeks away for next summer :)

Like a lot of things - I often ask myself if I could ever go back FT at the amb, if I had to.

And I'd have to say the answer would be 'with great difficulty'.

p.s This is still in public, OP is in the trade (if not a trade member), maybe time for a move?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived