Security Installer Community

Going Self Employed

paul44

Indeed, they will remember you for the time you spent, not the cash.

Assuming of course that they remember us fondly.

You look at some parents and have to feel nothing but pity for the poor offspring.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it not be an idea or second option to perhaps change companies and progress engineering wise?

If it was a small local alarm company why not try and get into a Systems company and see how that goes?

I have thought about it, however the pay most companies are offering is low

low is around 22k

Agreed. I know quite a few alarm companies offering much more. In fact would love to find some engineers willing to work for £18-22k

My bank account is full of zeros I'll have you know!

If you charged per usage on that account we talked about yesterday you'd be a dragon in no time.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Agreed. I know quite a few alarm companies offering much more. In fact would love to find some engineers willing to work for £18-22k

Thing is pay s**t wages get s*t engineers.

A lot of these firms want you to do intruder, fire, access, and cctv  for that price too.  

A lot of these firms want you to do intruder, fire, access, and cctv  for that price too.  

Reading your comments i do feel you've not quite got a clear picture of the likely income stream you may get.

And i'm not on about the income stream you'd like to think you'd get.

As an example, what do you estimate your monthly running costs are likely to be?

I know that isn't income but it has to be found every month/annually even if sat on your a**e at home with no work.

If you charged per usage on that account we talked about yesterday you'd be a dragon in no time.

You'll have to remind me, too much going on between then and now.

(Mostly good things don't get me wrong!)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You'll have to remind me, too much going on between then and now.

(Mostly good things don't get me wrong!)

That Webway you connected to us. Certainly glad the op/cl isn't on a digi or his bill would be quite large.

Reading your comments i do feel you've not quite got a clear picture of the likely income stream you may get.

And i'm not on about the income stream you'd like to think you'd get.

As an example, what do you estimate your monthly running costs are likely to be?

I know that isn't income but it has to be found every month/annually even if sat on your a**e at home with no work.

Very wise words. I think most engineers are clueless to what horrendous costs can be involved and they come as an almighty shock.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Yeah definitely did well.

To be honest I know half my problem is setting up in a new town etc... and having no contacts.

But could also eventually be a blessing as no-one is 'off limits'.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

A lot of these firms want you to do intruder, fire, access, and cctv for that price too.

I'd imagine that there are few on here that pay that kind of money mate. You may of ruffled a few feathers. :)

Versus getting paid double working for someone else and 1/10th the hassle. Hardly an attractive proposition is it?

Not for most, no. Depends what you want out of it for sure!

Archived