Security Installer Community

Going Self Employed

paul44

I don't believe you, you care more than you make out, you have too otherwise you would not be on here

I care deeply for the industry and value the relationships with people in it but when we became a VC backed company I very much fell out of love with 'my baby'. The ARC is under private ownership and must admit my motivation and happiness is much greater for our arc than our installer business. I see it as a bit of a means to and end. Not really my business, just a business I own part of and can do to a large degree what I like but having investors and it being a very clinical relationship makes it more of a job than a sentimental thing your attached to.

My arc is a different kettle of fish. Love that like a family member.

Yup same here you wouldn't be where you are otherwise... Either that or you've got some pretty damming polaroids in a safety deposit box!

Why else do you thing James talks nicely to me?!

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I care deeply for the industry and value the relationships with people in it but when we became a VC backed company I very much fell out of love with 'my baby'. The ARC is under private ownership and must admit my motivation and happiness is much greater for our arc than our installer business. I see it as a bit of a means to and end. Not really my business, just a business I own part of and can do to a large degree what I like but having investors and it being a very clinical relationship makes it more of a job than a sentimental thing your attached to.

My arc is a different kettle of fish. Love that like a family member.

Why else do you thing James talks nicely to me?!

so who gets the monitoring money,you and your arc or the vultures..

I can confirm the ARC is a different company who's sole shareholders are me.

You are right to assume that 4i will purchase all its monitoring from new co. I hope your not suggesting I'd use VC money to Hoover up installers just to fatten up my arc business are you?

You are right to assume that 4i will purchase all its monitoring from new co. I hope your not suggesting I'd use VC money to Hoover up installers just to fatten up my arc business are you?

:)

4i will by Christmas be run day to day not by me. Time to let someone else have a turn. I'd like to spend 75% of my time arc and 25% 4i. Not thinking any crazy ideas like another director (cost enough to get rid of the last 2) but a good, well paid manager. I've never felt happier since I made this decision whilst on my little holiday.

Mr JBEye has taught me some good ideas. His team of 2 that run things for him are superb. I'm hoping to do the same.

so to gets this straight it's been a long day,you use vc money to buy systems and monitoring,the maintenance revenue goes to 4i,the monitoring money goes to 4i but is paid to you and your arc which is your own thing,

No different to 4i using Custodian is it?

depends who custodian got there money from I suppose,tho if they did fck you off why would they put you in charge of taking over million pound companies,I thought these vultures were business men...

Archived