Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 3

paul44

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, interested in the feedback about the Agility 3, we have installed around 100+ todate, and as somebody else said, we have call back after call back, but according to Risco it`s only us!, often it`s the camera PIR that is "lost" on the system, we have had them down to fix GSM sim and all sorts of issues, but only us? and it is probably even higher than the 30% return to client rate as mentioned by somebody else, latest one today is AGAIN, lost camera / PIR, think they are having to come down from Manchester to South London this week, or client wants it removed, must say I have also lsot confidence, only use it because of A: the radio remote keypad & B: the camera PIR, hope somebody catches up shortly. cheers all, Barry

i have had a problem with the cloud connection only to date, but ressolved and the ip was temporary blacklisted and my system stopped access until I said trust regardless.

During the training course, it was highlighted about calibrating for noise and upping the noise threshold by 10, which is stated in the manual. not doing this could cause devices to be lost. given how this point was emphaised I took it as being a critical step. your devices should be above the threshold when you test them.

typical noise should be below 25%, so the threshold would be typically be below 35%.

What noise levels are you getting, and what is the threshold set. if the signal is 35 or above from a device in this example it shouldn't be lost.

You do the noise calibration, and then check every device is  above the threshold thats set.

These lost devices were blowing the windows out, really exceptional performance registered, but thanks for thought, keep `em coming

Well im well and truly pissed off with it.

Cloud down yet again end of last week/weekend.

To start, tech say **** all, then next day, 'oh, it went down during the night, they are working on it'

I said all installers should be emailed or texted, they say we have 7000 connection worldwide, we cant do that.

Surely as a security item, these servers should have a standby,back-up server.

Even if they had part of their website that had a status display of servers up/down.

I spent ******* hours on-site trying to sort it, when there was **** all wrong with site. cnuts.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I suppose with it being free, is there any cas$h available for redundancy? This is what worrys me about all clouds (that aren't mine) as you just have to have blind faith in the setup.

Isn't this outage 2/3 in a short while?

Edited by matthew.brough

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I suppose with it being free, is there any cas$h available for redundancy? This is what worrys me about all clouds (that aren't mine) as you just have to have blind faith in the setup.

Isn't this outage 2/3 in a short while?

I reckon its a lot more.

To you & james

If they are selling it as self monitoring, the so called latest dogs bollox in premium kit, then surely it should be fit for purpose, not some half hearted attempt.

... and james, i do agree and if that is the case, fair enough but it should be marketed that way - not with the usual risco lets ******** everyone.

'bull poo everyone" lol

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

This is the problem. In datacenter land uptime stats depend on the grade of datacenter. In the cloud security world, no standards exist either for uptime or security level.

I'm always sceptical of free with no SLA.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/